Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jack with firewire and faderport
I use ffado and Mixbus with my Profire 2626 and wish to use my Presonus Faderport to control Mixbus. However, I haven't worked out how to enable the Faderport. I use Cadence on Kxstudio which seems to preclude me from enabling midi for the Faderport (USB) when I start jack with the firewire audio unit (Profire 2626).

It all works well with my Scarlett 8i18 which, of course, is a USB device with midi enabled in jack.

Is there a way to run the Faderport when using jack and the firewire driver?

System
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit (kxstudio)
Kernel 3.13 lowlatency
Mixbus 3.2.22
Got it. I needed to "Export HW" in Cadence under the "Alsa Midi Bridge" and start "Alsa Midi Bridge". The Faderport then appears as "Faderport [24] capture: Faderport Midi 1" and "Faderport [24] playback: Faderport Midi 1" under Control Surface -> Presonus Faderport -> Protocol Settings.

(03-14-2016, 05:54 PM)epifone Wrote: I use ffado and Mixbus with my Profire 2626 and wish to use my Presonus Faderport to control Mixbus. However, I haven't worked out how to enable the Faderport. I use Cadence on Kxstudio which seems to preclude me from enabling midi for the Faderport (USB) when I start jack with the firewire audio unit (Profire 2626).

It all works well with my Scarlett 8i18 which, of course, is a USB device with midi enabled in jack.

Is there a way to run the Faderport when using jack and the firewire driver?

System
Ubuntu 14.04 64bit (kxstudio)
Kernel 3.13 lowlatency
Mixbus 3.2.22