Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with jackdbus [solved]
Hi there! I've got a strange issue since 3.2.22.

-Launch session and then start jack within mixbus: Session crash without even opening (whatever session it is). PS AX give me processes like bridged VST via carla and a jackdbus process (wich have to be killed in order to retrieve my soundcard back)
-launch jack with qjackctl (jackdbus disabled by default), then start MB3 and launch session: No crash.

Moreover, in the first case, if I restart mixbus, I've got a window telling me that my session is 44,100 and jackd is running at 48k wich was never an option I choose...

Details on my conf: Debian jessie 32 with kxstudio repos, no system update between latest MB 3.1 and MB3.2.22. Tried also after "deleting" ~/.jackdrc and ~/.config/jack/* with no change. I've tried with UGM96 usb soundcard (class compliant), Indigo IO PCMCIA soundcard and Saffire Pro 40 FW interface: same results in any case.

Thx for reading. Many much more thx and one (or twelve, let's be foolish) beer(s) for a solution! ;-) (and one solution i'd like to have is: How can I launch MB without launching jackdbus?)

Edit: Forgot to mention that it works perfectly with Ardour4.7.0 (except for that 48K issue when relaunching Ardour and jackdbus is still active).
(03-13-2016, 07:11 PM)sardonicus Wrote: Hi there! I've got a strange issue since 3.2.22.

-launch jack with qjackctl (jackdbus disabled by default), then start MB3 and launch session: No crash.

I never thought it was possible to start jack from Mixbus. Always start jack first.
Sometimes the connection is lost between Mixbus and jack: than one can reconnect from Mixbus

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
If you do not start jack before launching MB, after choosing your session, you will be prompted for the audio system to launch (and this will allow you to choose between jackd or alsa. BTW: no issue while selecting alsa).
(03-14-2016, 05:08 PM)sardonicus Wrote: If you do not start jack before launching MB, after choosing your session, you will be prompted for the audio system to launch (and this will allow you to choose between jackd or alsa. BTW: no issue while selecting alsa).

I read connect too : and not launch.

Maybe that is the difference ?

I have not tried : but suppose Jack is active, does not MB fail likewise when you selct Alsa ?

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
I am running Gnome 15.10. I can start MB without Jack running, then connect to either Jack or Alsa and MB starts and runs with no issues. So I question whether or not you are running into an MB issue.

Darrel
Thx Darrel for the feedback.
U15.10 = GCC5 version of Mixbus
Debian Jessie =GCC4 version of Mixbus
That may seems stupid but it makes quite a difference between these two versions. And, I insist, no system changes, no upgrade, no geekism in conf files while upadting MB. Was working like a charm with 3.1.XXXXX, did not work anymore since 3.2.22.
So, as you mentionned that every things ok with U15.10, I've installed it (as close in config as possible to my debian) and it do works. I believe it's really an issue with GCC4 version.
Well, last (good) news: ~/.config/mixbus3/config was corrupted. Replaced it with the new one from the fresh u15.10 and it runs perfectly. Thanx for your attention, guys!