Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feature request: session notes
If this doesn't already exist in MB, it's a feature request: I think it would be useful to have a notes/notepad feature so that you could put down notes about a session so you could refer back later. A session diary, if you like.

But if this *does* already exist in MB, then please could you steer me toward it?
Session Notes is a great idea, it exists in the automation section of the S12 / MPC range and is a very handy feature.
It would be good to see that feature added at some stage down the track.
Currently in MB3 the closest is the comments section of Mixer Channel strips.
You can show/hide comments in Preferences/GUI/Mixer Strip.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I use the master Comment section as a session note area. Individual channels for individual idea.
(02-04-2016, 01:31 AM)retro Wrote: If this doesn't already exist in MB, it's a feature request: I think it would be useful to have a notes/notepad feature so that you could put down notes about a session so you could refer back later. A session diary, if you like.

But if this *does* already exist in MB, then please could you steer me toward it?

Hi

strictly there are no session comments. For each session i make a session file in my favourite editor ( I use Lyx ) which allows me to concentrate on text, and is available on all operating systems i use.

But each channelstrip has a comment section : look here
And you can find a comment section in the mixbus
as well as in the Master

I do my planning in Lyx which has the advantage that i do not have to bother about formatting and exports to PDF. Depending on how a session is setup each person involved gets a copy

By the way : comments can by switch on and off globally: In the manual the Master bus has comments switched off: you set it in the preferences. It is a good thing to wade through the preferences every now and than: so you can familiarize yourself, and setup Mixbus to your likings.

Regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
Yep, I'd like a session notes feature too.
Maybe an extra tab in the Session->Metadata window could be added for this.
Hi, until this feature in MB3, there is a the free Vst Notes that can help you

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downlo.../VstNotes/
Windows 8.1 32bit, SawStudioLite/Mixbus4, Echo Layla 3G.
Have you tested this:

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...c/metadata ?
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(02-04-2016, 05:03 AM)Ivanoff Wrote: Hi, until this feature in MB3, there is a the free Vst Notes that can help you

http://www.dontcrack.com/freeware/downlo.../VstNotes/

Seems this does not exist anymore, if someone has an similar vst, please share, thanks
(02-04-2016, 10:03 AM)Jostein Wrote: Have you tested this:

http://www.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus/m...c/metadata ?

Thanks for Reminding Jostein

Yes I use Metadata extensively, Helps to organise what is what

I just do not see the metadata appear in in media players like VLC (Is a rapport hanging in the air 00: wanted to check other media players before reporting)

Channel , Bus and Master remarks, i put n the respective comments.

I actually do not need session notes at all : I use my favourite TEX based editor for that..

regards
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(02-04-2016, 07:00 PM)Frank Wrote: Yes I use Metadata extensively, Helps to organise what is what

I just do not see the metadata appear in in media players like VLC (Is a rapport hanging in the air 00: wanted to check other media players before reporting)

Channel , Bus and Master remarks, i put n the respective comments.

I actually do not need session notes at all : I use my favourite TEX based editor for that..

regards

Personally, I use the good old fashion track sheets - from spread sheets the last 20+ years. But to see the metadata in media players? They will if the file is tagged (or do I misunderstand you?) and if the media player is done right. But a neat addition in MB is if it can make exported file names and ID tags with help from meta data.
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox