Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harrison Introduces the CP-1 Control Pad for Mixbus!
Hello,

I see that Ardour 4.7 was just released, with greater improvements in the controller domain. I'm just wondering if it is still Harrison's intention to produce a dedicated Mixbus controller? Or if it would be more worthwhile to get a Faderport or another controller now that the developers (Mixbus and Ardour) are doing lots of work on controller support. Thanks!
(02-19-2016, 11:12 AM)lordbullingdon Wrote: Hello,

I see that Ardour 4.7 was just released, with greater improvements in the controller domain.

Most of these are motivated and/or sponsored by Harrison and will come with future releases to Mixbus. Releasing this in Ardour first helps with beta-testing among other things.

(02-19-2016, 11:12 AM)lordbullingdon Wrote: I'm just wondering if it is still Harrison's intention to produce a dedicated Mixbus controller? Or if it would be more worthwhile to get a Faderport or another controller now that the developers (Mixbus and Ardour) are doing lots of work on controller support. Thanks!

I can't answer that.
The Mackie improvements in that list are already included in Mixbus v3.1.
Aka MPK61 works Ardour new release like charm. Not with Mixbus 3.1
(02-19-2016, 12:41 PM)x42 Wrote:
(02-19-2016, 11:12 AM)lordbullingdon Wrote: Hello,

I see that Ardour 4.7 was just released, with greater improvements in the controller domain.

Most of these are motivated and/or sponsored by Harrison and will come with future releases to Mixbus. Releasing this in Ardour first helps with beta-testing among other things.

Sorry, I see now that my phrasing ("greater improvements) suggested that I was comparing the Ardour release to MB 3.1. I meant "are now focusing a great deal on...".