Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want these VST/VSTi products to work in MB3
Hi all - can anyone give me personal reports on the working status of these particular plugins (MB3 Win 8):

Sonimus - Britson, Burnley 73
Klanghelm - MJUC
SKNote - C165a, Disto
Valhalla - Vintage Verb

Thanks!
(12-21-2015, 09:19 AM)x42 Wrote: That would imply that (a) Harrison gets access all those plugins, and (b) there is someone at Harrison dedicated to try them on all supported platforms from Windows XP to Win10, 32/64bit - maybe OSX and Linux too..

Theres' a fair group of beta-testers for Mixbus, but 3rd party plugins are not the focus.

Maybe we here at the forum, can pick up the task of compiling a list of Plugins which we know work, and those which are not. @Mix3us version, Per OS. And suggested work-a-rounds. Like i used VST plug-in in Mixbus 2, by using external VST hosts like Carla or Kore 2.

It will eventually safe us all a lot of work. Harrison staff and forum junkies. People who are planning to buy a plugin can check if it works.

When a new version is out of what ever and everybody can test their share.

Idea ?

Regards

Frank
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
(12-21-2015, 03:28 PM)vonrichter Wrote: Hi all - can anyone give me personal reports on the working status of these particular plugins (MB3 Win 8):

Sonimus - Britson, Burnley 73
Klanghelm - MJUC
SKNote - C165a, Disto
Valhalla - Vintage Verb

Thanks!
I'm on win10 and mjuc, valhalla and disto all work fine.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
"Come down off the cross, we can use the wood." - Tom Waits
(12-21-2015, 09:19 AM)x42 Wrote:
(12-20-2015, 04:39 PM)bapu Wrote: OH, my bad. I was not saying none of what I have works, I was just saying I want Harrison to "insure" Confused they all work.

That would imply that (a) Harrison gets access all those plugins, and (b) there is someone at Harrison dedicated to try them on all supported platforms from Windows XP to Win10, 32/64bit - maybe OSX and Linux too..
That'll be a full time job for more persons than are currently working at Harrison Exclamation

Theres' a fair group of beta-testers for Mixbus, but 3rd party plugins are not the focus.

Really the only reasonable thing to do is to follow specifications. Sadly, for reasons that Ben mentioned above, that's not always enough.
Realistically the only way to assure that certain plugins work, is to cooperate with plugin authors. Harrison is doing just that with plugin vendors who are interested and open to do that (NI for example).

(12-21-2015, 04:05 PM)Frank Wrote:
(12-21-2015, 09:19 AM)x42 Wrote: That would imply that (a) Harrison gets access all those plugins, and (b) there is someone at Harrison dedicated to try them on all supported platforms from Windows XP to Win10, 32/64bit - maybe OSX and Linux too..

Maybe we here at the forum, can pick up the task of compiling a list of Plugins which we know work, and those which are not. @Mix3us version, Per OS. And suggested work-a-rounds. Like i used VST plug-in in Mixbus 2, by using external VST hosts like Carla or Kore 2.

It will eventually safe us all a lot of work. Harrison staff and forum junkies. People who are planning to buy a plugin can check if it works.

When a new version is out of what ever and everybody can test their share.

Idea ?

Regards

Frank
I'm getting back to updating my list of WORKING VSTs in the OP this weekend.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
(03-11-2016, 04:16 PM)bapu Wrote: I'm getting back to updating my list of WORKING VSTs in the OP this weekend.

I'm not convinced that a forum post is great for collecting this. Would it not make more sense to maintain - for want of a wiki - a spreadsheet like:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing ??
PS. just a suggestion, there may be a some better way to maintain a list
(12-19-2015, 01:37 PM)bapu Wrote: Since these are what I own.
Win 10 64bit & MB3 64bit.

As I test each plugin I will mark it (or its manufacturer group) as WORKS .

WORKS Scuffham S-Gear V2.5

Addictive Drums 2 by XLN
Addictive Keys by XLN

Following up to an old post!     I tried Scuffham S-Gear 3.0 with Mixbus8/32C and unfortunately, it doesn't produce any amplified sound.  Some patches produce some slight output but others output nothing.  The S-Gear input LED's are lighting up so it looks like signal is getting in, but something goes wrong in the plugin.   I noticed the patch names in the plugin do not match those in the Mixbus toolbar, so maybe there is a miscommunication about the patches between Mixbus and S-Gear.

At any rate, I can report that Addictive Drums 2 and Addictive Keys do work for me.

Has anyone else had any experiences with S-Gear? [I'm on Windows 11]
(08-31-2022, 06:29 PM)ohzbees Wrote:
(12-19-2015, 01:37 PM)bapu Wrote: Since these are what I own.
Win 10 64bit & MB3 64bit.

As I test each plugin I will mark it (or its manufacturer group) as WORKS .

WORKS Scuffham S-Gear V2.5

Addictive Drums 2 by XLN
Addictive Keys by XLN

Following up to an old post!     I tried Scuffham S-Gear 3.0 with Mixbus8/32C and unfortunately, it doesn't produce any amplified sound.  Some patches produce some slight output but others output nothing.  The S-Gear input LED's are lighting up so it looks like signal is getting in, but something goes wrong in the plugin.   I noticed the patch names in the plugin do not match those in the Mixbus toolbar, so maybe there is a miscommunication about the patches between Mixbus and S-Gear.

At any rate, I can report that Addictive Drums 2 and Addictive Keys do work for me.

Has anyone else had any experiences with S-Gear?  [I'm on Windows 11]

Holy Sheet! This must be the new record for
Thread Necromancy! Six-and-a-half years!

Byron Dickens.

Mixbus 7. CbB.  HP Envy. Intel core i7. 16GB RAM W10. Focusrite Scarlett 18i 20. Various instruments played with varying degrees of proficiency.
(09-07-2022, 11:38 AM)Byron Dickens Wrote: Holy Sheet! This must be the new record for
Thread Necromancy! Six-and-a-half years!

Big Grin

Love those images.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.