Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want these VST/VSTi products to work in MB3
Since these are what I own.
Win 10 64bit & MB3 64bit.

As I test each plugin I will mark it (or its manufacturer group) as WORKS .

WORKS East West SPACES
WORKS Native Instruments Ultimate 10
WORKS Ignite Amps SHB-1
WORKS Studio Devil Guitar Amp
WORKS Acon Digital Multiply
WORKS Rob Chicarelli
----Drum Bus Lite
----Mix Bus Lite
WORKS Audio Assault
----Bass Grinder
----Grind Machine
WORKS Eventide Ultra Channel
WORKS Boz Digital Labs
----Bark of Dog
----Manic Compressor
WORKS Bill Wall Plugin
----LimitX
----BoostX
WORKS Plugin Alliance
----bx_boom
----bx_shredspread
----bx_rockrack
----bx_opto_pedal
----Noveltech Chareacter
----SPL DeVerb
WORKS IK Multimedia - effects and samplers
----ARC 2
----T-RackS CS Grand
----Mesa
----Amplitube 4
----Ampeg SVX
----Amplitube Jimi Hendrix
----Amplitube Metal
----Amplitube Fender
WORKS Steven Slate Drums 4.0 Platinum
WORKS EZDrummer2 by Toontrack
WORKS Drumagog 5 Platinum
WORKS Steven Slate Trigger 2
WORKS ToonTrack EZMix
FAILS (as of 3.2) ToonTrack EZKeys
WORKS Applied Acoustics Systems
WORKS True Pianos 1.4 (full version)
WORKS Spitfire Audio Orchestral Grand Piano
WORKS Ivory II
WORKS MusicLabs - Real Guitars
WORKS Line 6 Pod Farm 2
WORKS Scuffham S-Gear V2.5
WORKS Overloud TH2
WORKS Overloud Rematrix
WORKS NuGen Audio
----Stereoizer 3
----Mono Filter 4
----Stereo Placer
Izotope
----7 Adv. WORKS Ozone 4, 5, 6 Adv, 7 Adv.
----WORKS Alloy 2
----WORKS Nectar 2
----WORKS Complete RX 5
WORKS Voxengo
----Elephant
----Voxformer
----Drumformer
----Soniformer
----AcuDrums
WORKS Camel Audio Plugins
----Camel Space
----Camel Phat
----Camel Crusher
WORKS Stillwell Plugins
----Vibe-EQ
WORKS PSP Plugins
----Nealrly The Entire PSP Suite (~30 plug-ins)
Steven Slate Digital
----WORKS FG-X Virtual Mastering Plug-In
----WORKS VCB - Virtual Console Bus
----WORKS VCC - Virtual Console Collection
----WORKS VTM - Virtual Tape Machines
----WORKS VMR - Virtual Mix Rack
----WORKS Custom Series Bundle (EQ & Lift)
WORKS Nomad Factory
----Integral Studio Pack III (51 plug-ins)
WORKS FabFilter
----Pro Bundle( Pro-L, Pro-Q, Pro-Q 2. Pro-C, Pro-G)
----Saturn
WORKS ValhallaDSP
----Valhalla Room
----Valhalla UberMod
WORKS D.C. Vibes Series
----V.I.P. Bundle (26 plugs)
WORKS IRCAM Trax
WORKS Sonimus
----Satson Channel
----Satson Bus
WORKS Softube TSAR-1R Reverb
WORKS Lexicon LXP Reverb
WORKS WAVES
----Mercury
----SSL400
----Abbey Road Collection
WORKS UAD Plugins
LOADS BUT DOES NO PASS FX THRU, DRY SIGNAL ONLY Antares AVOX Evo Vocal Toolkit

AS YET UNTESTED
East West Play
SampleTank 3 - by IK Multimedia
Miroslav 2 - by IK Multimedia
Superior Drummer 2.x by Toontrack
BFD Eco/BFD2/BFD3 by Fxpansion
Addictive Drums 2 by XLN
Addictive Keys by XLN
Jamstix 3XL
JamOrigin MIDI Guitar
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
Wow, that's a lot of plugins Smile

We do our best to follow the VST/AudioUnit specifications. However there are many variables ( such as compiler versions and libraries ) which are not defined by the specification. It is (unfortunately) left up to the developers to guess which compiler, libraries, features and functions they should implement in their plugins. Furthermore, every plugin wants to "push the envelope" and push the formats to the very limits of what they were design to do. For these reasons, it is not practical to expect every third-party plugins to work. MOST will work; but you'll have to test on your system. This is true of any DAW, not just Mixbus. Plugins that failed horribly in your other DAW might work great in Mixbus.

Some OS's, like newer Mac, are actually plugin-antagonistic. Specifically, the "Cocoa" framework which is used to open plugins uses a single namespace. This means that, if an application loads 2 plugins, and they both have a function called "ShowWindow()" then it is undefined which function will get used, and hilarity/calamity ensues. Many plugin developers know these details, but some don't.

You can't expect plugin manufacturers to change their ways for us, because if they make any changes, it could affect hundreds or thousands of users on other DAWs. Similarly, if we change our code/compiler to accommodate a specific plugin, it could affect thousands of other plugins that we know work. So we only make changes if we can determine "for sure" that we are not following the published spec and/or industry-accepted practices.

ProTools users have a kind of advantage here, because ProTools recently ditched all the old plugin frameworks and demanded that all their plugins use the new AAX format, which has much tighter rules. The drawback is that this limits the number of plugins to a much smaller choice, limits freeware/educational developers, and (in general) they cost more.

It's worth noting that no other software industry ( video-editing, image-editing, web-design, whatever ) allows this kind of cross-host, cross-platform plugin concept. This is why we provide a full suite of mixing tools inside Mixbus, so you don't need to use plugins. But then we host a huge range of third-party plugins if you want to use them.

Best,
-Ben
That's understood Ben, but I want to be clear that since I've never had any problems with any of those plugins in either SONAR, REAPER or Studio One I would of expected them all to work in MixBus3 (irrespective of the fact that I own all your plugs except the De-Esser).

I want to believe that the developers of those other DAWs aren't magnitudes smarter than the Ardour/MixBus team and thus with the proper effort and communication with the VST developers you *could* work out all the problems with any dodgy behavior in MB3.
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
The Mixcraft guys may know something because all the VSTs on earth, thousands, work with no problem in their daw. Since the plugs are the same, the receiving program must be different in MB. But how? I wish I knew.
(Regards only the VST usage. The sound, console feeling and a lot features MB offers are far ahead of any existing daw on the planet)
Win10 64bit and MB3 64bit here

All the ones I have from your list are working fine here,

Valhalla reverbs
BFD ECO
Slate stuff, VCC VTM & Trigger
Sonimus satson
A couple of waves plugs
And SSL duende

No problems with them at all.
Not that it makes it any better for you, but they certainly can work.
(12-20-2015, 04:33 PM)simonzc Wrote: Win10 64bit and MB3 64bit here

All the ones I have from your list are working fine here,

Valhalla reverbs
BFD ECO
Slate stuff, VCC VTM & Trigger
Sonimus satson
A couple of waves plugs
And SSL duende

No problems with them at all.
Not that it makes it any better for you, but they certainly can work.

OH, my bad. I was not saying none of what I have works, I was just saying I want Harrison to "insure" Confused they all work.

Most of the ones I've tested (so far) have worked. With the exception of EZKeys. That is an EPIC FAIL.

With so many it's hard to get the time to test them all. Undecided
My Studio Specs

From that long list, which ones can you confirm do or don't work ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(12-20-2015, 04:39 PM)Dingo Wrote: From that long list, which ones can you confirm don't work ?
After next week (when I'm on vacation) I intend to test the bajiggers out of all my stuff and I'll post back then. In the meantime I'll post a status of the things I've actually tried.

One assumption. Since I tested two or three UAD or Waves I'm assuming they all work.
My Studio Specs

(12-20-2015, 04:39 PM)bapu Wrote: OH, my bad. I was not saying none of what I have works, I was just saying I want Harrison to "insure" Confused they all work.

That would imply that (a) Harrison gets access all those plugins, and (b) there is someone at Harrison dedicated to try them on all supported platforms from Windows XP to Win10, 32/64bit - maybe OSX and Linux too..
That'll be a full time job for more persons than are currently working at Harrison Exclamation

Theres' a fair group of beta-testers for Mixbus, but 3rd party plugins are not the focus.

Really the only reasonable thing to do is to follow specifications. Sadly, for reasons that Ben mentioned above, that's not always enough.
Realistically the only way to assure that certain plugins work, is to cooperate with plugin authors. Harrison is doing just that with plugin vendors who are interested and open to do that (NI for example).
(12-21-2015, 09:19 AM)x42 Wrote: That'll be a full time job for more persons than are currently working at Harrison Exclamation
What's the job pay?Big Grin
My Studio Specs