Ha! This will probably be completely unhelpful to anybody, but my setup is:
1: Bed Tracks (music
2: Narrator/Announcer
3: Show host/guest
4: Mono FX
5: Stereo FX
6: Stingers/Sweeps
7: Air/Room Tone (just because I can)

In case you haven't guessed yet, I do a lot of radio show style production. :-)
(01-16-2014, 05:54 PM)AudioTestKitchen Wrote: In case you haven't guessed yet, I do a lot of radio show style production. :-)

This is insteresting! Did you find the mixbusses tape saturation helpful on your type of productions?
Quote:“A mix is never finished, you just have to abandon it!”
George Massenburg

Santo Clemenzi
www.santoclemenzi.com
(01-17-2014, 04:57 AM)SantoClemenzi Wrote:
(01-16-2014, 05:54 PM)AudioTestKitchen Wrote: In case you haven't guessed yet, I do a lot of radio show style production. :-)

This is insteresting! Did you find the mixbusses tape saturation helpful on your type of productions?

It depends. If I get audio from a client with a cheap Chinese mic that's really crispy, the tape saturation can help to offset this. I've used the FX and channel strip on the Announcer Vox with some good results.

Full disclosure, I don't lean solely on Mixbus for client-projects and paid work. If more of the MPC5 features got ported over (and it was completely, iron-clad stable), I could see myself making the switch: especially for post work and broadcast productions.
For music, my typical setup is -

1. Drums
2. Drum Parallel Bus
3. Bass
4. Guitar
5. Lead Vocal
6. BG Vocal
7. Reverb
8. Delay
It might change from project to project, but generally, I do something similar to Tim's, each instrument group on its own bus, plus a dedicated bus for parallel compression, and whatever FX busses I needed (at least reverb).

When I do orchestral stuff, I also break it down by instrument family:

Woodwinds
Brass
Percussion
Keyboard instruments & harps
Vocals
Strings
Reverb
Extra FX as needed
-- Brett McCoy
Windows 10, i7 core, 64G Ram, RME Hammerfall Multiface II, Faderport16, Mixbus32C 8.2
(01-20-2014, 09:13 AM)Brett McCoy Wrote: It might change from project to project, but generally, I do something similar to Tim's, each instrument group on its own bus, plus a dedicated bus for parallel compression, and whatever FX busses I needed (at least reverb).

When I do orchestral stuff, I also break it down by instrument family:

Woodwinds
Brass
Percussion
Keyboard instruments & harps
Vocals
Strings
Reverb
Extra FX as needed
Yes, I think it is the original idea, though, my setup is quite difrent as I have shown earlier.
Tassy
what I'd like to know, friends, are there channels you connect directly to the master, without using a bus ?
Sure, master has its global saturation.

I use for instruments the goups feature, and due to easier one-click routing most busses for reverb, delay, smack etc, I send a lot tracks directly to master.

I use the advantage of the chsanels gain- EQ- dynamics section to get smooth sounding tracks as start and put , if any, plugins postfader.

Soon I will start a pre/postfader topic where I go into its detais based on my experiments
Tassy
ProfKnaakenbroed, sometimes I found that I can leave the bass out of any mix busses, it goes straight to the master bus

Quote:Soon I will start a pre/postfader topic where I go into its detais based on my experiments

Tassy, that would be cool! Very interesting one!
Quote:“A mix is never finished, you just have to abandon it!”
George Massenburg

Santo Clemenzi
www.santoclemenzi.com
(01-23-2014, 04:28 AM)ProfKnaakenbroed Wrote: what I'd like to know, friends, are there channels you connect directly to the master, without using a bus ?

Sometimes a bass or keyboard track, but this is rare, since I usually have multiple tracks for each. If it's just a simple scratch track or rendered MIDI track, I'll put it straight to the master.
-- Brett McCoy
Windows 10, i7 core, 64G Ram, RME Hammerfall Multiface II, Faderport16, Mixbus32C 8.2