Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mixbus sounds so good!
Me too love the mixbus daw, finally i found something that fits my good old analog Hill mixing console
Two analog systems with their own sound signatures.
Great combination.

Thank you Harrison

- Angelie
It's not about what you got to use, but how you use what you got...
Complete agreement about the awesome sound of Mixbus! Just finished a project with tracks brought in from many different DAW's and HW recorders. As the tracks were added, the expected "mush" never materialized. Things sounded fuller but every part & note retained its identity and definition. Only plugins used were a reverb, delay, and Flux BitterSweet & STTool (both free & very nice... try BitterSweet on drums) - and applied on only a few of the tracks. I'm looking forward to doing some live stuff with Mixbus. Got MANY comments from listeners on the great sound!
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K

I'm currently doing a new mix and started with MB but felt 'limited' by only 8 mix busses toward the end of the mix, but the mix itself sounded great (IMHO). I shut down MB and opened PT to try to expand on the 'aux' busses to do more on the effects side. After an hour of mixing, PT just wasn't doing it for me on the sound side, no warmth, no punch. Not to mention soooo much more time spent in the way of setup with various plugins and such. I went back to the MB mix to listen and was just blown away by the difference in blend, warmth, and punch. I decided I was trying too much to 'over-mix' the song and decided to finish it in MB. So glad I did, less is more as they say. Awesome! I truly look forward to my future mixes through MB. In fact, there are a bunch of songs I plan to remix within MB this year. I like it, I love it, I want more of it!
I too love the sound. And think it's simplicity and "limitations" helps keep me from over thinking and over mixing. While I won't complain if they add the option for more busses or a 4th band to the EQ. And really would like to see better multi-thread support. It really is already a superb daw.
I agree too that because of the simplicity of the program user think twice of using a great amount of plugins.
MIXBUS has already so much to offer that your mind is with the mixing process and not by less important things like plugins. I also found that ( for me that is) because of the processes being there ( compressors eq limiters tape sat. you do know what your system can handle because it is already reserved in memory/processor

A big thumbs-up Smile

-Angelie
It's not about what you got to use, but how you use what you got...
Without any doubt, in my opinion, it's the best sounding daw ever.
(01-16-2014, 05:31 AM)SantoClemenzi Wrote: I found that I drastically reduced the number of plugins I use since I mix with Mixbus. It's simply the best sounding DAW ever, those channel strips are everything you need for a track for the 95% of a session. I just have to add delays and reverb, my mixing session have just those plugins, nothing else.

In my opinion, one of the best feature is the integated Tape Saturation, AWESOME Smile

This is just a great sounding Daw i used it for my stems and final mixes before going for mastering .
from logic pro or some times as i patch it into logic like an external gear