Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
waves plugins not active in Mixbus 3 [ workaround ]
Greetings:

I think that the Mixbus mixer is a great addition to the digital mixing platform, sounds good and as Ben points out in the videos, a 'next' logical step in the industry. Thank you Harrison.

We are running Windows 7, 64 bit with WaveShell-VST 9.7_x64.dll and Mixbus 3.

Waves plugins worked in Mixbus 2.5, but Waves 'Studio Rack' is now the only Waves plugin that shows in the 'New Plugin by Creator' window; whether the audio track is mono, or stereo.

When 'Studio Rack' loads, Waves plugins can be inserted into 'Studio Rack' but they remain inactive. Double clicking on any inserted waves plugin does not open it in 'Studio Rack' either.

Any ideas?

Also, Synthogy Ivory piano loads within a midi track, plays and then Mixbus 3 always freezes when selecting record, regardless of buffer size. All other virtual instruments seem to work fine.

Thank you.
Fwiw I have no troubles using waves in OS X 10.10. Well it does have a bug that if I click a control and the scroll out of the window the mouse pointer disappears. Which is annoying. But I just double click and type in the value. That always works.
Strange......... I have many wave plugins 64bit and all work fine in mixbus3 no glitches, on win 7 ultimate 64bit

Try clear cache and let mixbus search again it will find them
My waves 64bit plugins are working just fine on my computer also.
Win 10 64 bit, intel core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, Mackie ONYX blackbird interface
Are yer settings being saved when ye save the mix and later open it again? My Waves work fine but are not saving settings. I just write down setting for later now.
Matt: Previously I've had display related problems with Waves in Pro Tools, but not specifically regarding the mouse cursor. I believe my error was related to multiple monitors. I changed the video card and then the plug ins displayed correctly. It seems that Harrison appreciates being informed about glitches, so that they can address them. I'll bet they would be glad to look into it for you if they can help.

NovaBurst: Yes, I agree. Strange. I am in process of reviewing a possible video related issue, though different from the one that I referenced with Matt.

Breeze007: Good to hear. I'm sure my problem will correct itself soon too.

Raven46: Sorry to hear about your 'settings not being saved' issue. I have not been able to successfully launch the Waves plugins yet in Mixbus 3, so I have not come upon that problem. In Mixbus 2.5, Waves 32 bit worked well. Anyway, if you already haven't, maybe you should consider posting the problem that you are having. I'm sure that Harrison would like to hear about it also.

I will post a fix when I get there. Thank you all.
(07-29-2015, 08:27 PM)Raven46 Wrote: Are yer settings being saved when ye save the mix and later open it again? My Waves work fine but are not saving settings. I just write down setting for later now.

Yes my setting are being saved, I tested it today
Win 10 64 bit, intel core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, Mackie ONYX blackbird interface
I hav'nt made an offical thread or support ticket but I have mentioned it in some thread here and GS while listing other issues with 3rd party plugins. Its strange that it works for some though. I know the guys at Harrison are working hard so I'll wait and in the meantime I'll post a support ticket.
I should definitely send them an email. I think I had the same issue in 2.5. Maybe an earlier version. But it's not something new to me. I respond when I learn something.
I just bought my first Waves pluging, JJP Vocals, and it does not appear in the plugin list in MB3 although the path is specified c:/program files/VSTplugins and the WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll file is in that folder. The plugin works fine with Reaper.