Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
waves plugins not active in Mixbus 3 [ workaround ]
(07-31-2015, 04:13 PM)Travst Wrote: I just bought my first Waves pluging, JJP Vocals, and it does not appear in the plugin list in MB3 although the path is specified c:/program files/VSTplugins and the WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll file is in that folder. The plugin works fine with Reaper.

Congratulations on the JJP Vocals and welcome to the wonderful world of Waves. They represent excellent effort and achievement.

Well, thanks to this forum and Waves we have learned:

Good news:
If you have Mixbus 2.5, WaveShell-VST 9.3.dll (32 bit) may work perfectly fine and include the JJP Vocals plugin.

Current News:
WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll does not load for me on the PC either in Mixbus3 and that is the version Mercury bundle is at.

Unfortunately, Mixbus 3 is not yet supported at Waves, but at some point that should change too.

WaveShell-VST 9.61_x64.dll on the other hand does load, but that presently only includes Butch Vig vocal plugin.

Future News:
All WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll plugins should eventually be updated to the latest WaveShell version. We will just have to wait and see.

(07-29-2015, 04:07 PM)novaburst Wrote: Strange......... I have many wave plugins 64bit and all work fine in mixbus3 no glitches, on win 7 ultimate 64bit

Try clear cache and let mixbus search again it will find them

Are you using WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll ?

(07-29-2015, 04:48 PM)Breeze007 Wrote: My waves 64bit plugins are working just fine on my computer also.

(07-29-2015, 08:27 PM)Raven46 Wrote: Are yer settings being saved when ye save the mix and later open it again? My Waves work fine but are not saving settings. I just write down setting for later now.

Are you running a 64 bit PC and using WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll ?
Quote:Future News:
All WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll plugins should eventually be updated to the latest WaveShell version. We will just have to wait and see.

Thanks for the info, Michael. I'll wait for updates, this isn't a big deal for me.

John
(07-31-2015, 11:00 PM)michael k Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 04:13 PM)Travst Wrote: I just bought my first Waves pluging, JJP Vocals, and it does not appear in the plugin list in MB3 although the path is specified c:/program files/VSTplugins and the WaveShell-VST 9.3_x64.dll file is in that folder. The plugin works fine with Reaper.

WaveShell-VST 9.61_x64.dll on the other hand does load, but that presently only includes Butch Vig vocal plugin.

Future News:

(07-29-2015, 04:07 PM)novaburst Wrote: Strange......... I have many wave plugins 64bit and all work fine in mixbus3 no glitches, on win 7 ultimate 64bit

(07-29-2015, 04:48 PM)Breeze007 Wrote: My waves 64bit plugins are working just fine on my computer also.

(07-29-2015, 08:27 PM)Raven46 Wrote: Are yer settings being saved when ye save the mix and later open it again? My Waves work fine but are not saving settings. I just write down setting for later now.

I'm using WaveShell-VST 9.2_x64.dll
Win 10 64 bit, intel core i7-8700, 16GB RAM, Mackie ONYX blackbird interface
I solved my issue. I read the plugin section of the manual and learned that there was a plugin blacklist and remembered that I had an error the first time I scanned for my new Waves plugin. It was automatically blacklisted.

The solution was to go to the editor /edit/preferences/plugins and clear the blacklist using the radio button. I scanned for plugins again and JJ Vocals appeared in the list.
Hi Micheal K

Yes i am using 9.3,, I have quite a bit of waves 32bit plugins all loaded in mixbus 2 just clear cache and scan is all i did. did the same in mixbus 3 now all the waves 64bit are in mixbus 3 and all work with no problem,

The only issue im having is izotope 64bit plugins not processing, but waves are good to go you should not be haveing issues with any wave plugins new or old
(08-01-2015, 05:09 PM)novaburst Wrote: Hi Micheal K

Yes i am using 9.3,, I have quite a bit of waves 32bit plugins all loaded in mixbus 2 just clear cache and scan is all i did. did the same in mixbus 3 now all the waves 64bit are in mixbus 3 and all work with no problem,

The only issue im having is izotope 64bit plugins not processing, but waves are good to go you should not be haveing issues with any wave plugins new or old

Waves works for me with Mixbus 2.5, 32 bit, but not with Mixbus 3, 64 bit. I have tried clearing the cache and reinstalling WaveShell. I have also sent a request to Harrison about this and will report back.

(08-01-2015, 12:24 PM)Travst Wrote: I solved my issue. I read the plugin section of the manual and learned that there was a plugin blacklist and remembered that I had an error the first time I scanned for my new Waves plugin. It was automatically blacklisted.

The solution was to go to the editor /edit/preferences/plugins and clear the blacklist using the radio button. I scanned for plugins again and JJ Vocals appeared in the list.

Good to hear. I have done that too, but that did not solve the problem. I am waiting for input from Harrison on this and will post what I find out.

(08-01-2015, 09:54 AM)Breeze007 Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 11:00 PM)michael k Wrote:

Future News:

I'm using WaveShell-VST 9.2_x64.dll

Thank you.
The Waves plugins have finally loaded for me. Tada!

My problem was that larger Waves plugin 'bundles' would not load, even after clearing the 'VST cache and VST black list' entries, cancelling the 'timeout' at the Mixbus 3 plugin window under 'edit\preferences\plugins' and then going to C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns directory to delete the .err, .fsb or, .fsi files.

So I used the 'Waves V9' installer to uninstall that Waves Bundle, repeated the above deletion process and then reran the Waves V9 installer, selecting each plugin individually in the Waves setup menu.

That seemed to do the trick.

Later, I also found that smaller plugin 'bundles' such as 'Classic Compressors' did interestingly enough, appear to load correctly for some reason.

Hope that helps for those who run into a similar problem.
Glad to hear that you got it fixed. I'm sure that someone will find that tip useful.
(08-11-2015, 09:25 PM)Travst Wrote: Glad to hear that you got it fixed. I'm sure that someone will find that tip useful.

Thank you Travst.
Well I set the timeout to the longest setting and after a long pause the Waves plugins were added. But it took almost to the end of timeout. waves 9.6 shell