Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.5 Sessions into MB3 - no audio
BTW, another thing to note, after opening the 2.5 project in 3, with all the renaming routine, the 2.5 project no longer loads in 2.5 altough this was supposed to be the reason for the renaming thing ...
Itsik Friedman
Storm Productions
http://www.stormproductions.co.il
(07-31-2015, 05:57 AM)Subzero Wrote: BTW, another thing to note, after opening the 2.5 project in 3, with all the renaming routine, the 2.5 project no longer loads in 2.5 altough this was supposed to be the reason for the renaming thing ...

The first few times I tried this, my 2.5 projects didn't work either.
After I installed the Interim version, I loaded a 2.5 project in M3, and the newly created "-2000" 2.5 project loaded and played in 2.5.
I didn't test it more than that though.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch

(07-27-2015, 09:24 AM)Boydbob Wrote: I've tried loading a few MB 2.5 sessions into MB 3.0 without success.
MB3 goes through the load process and gives me the message about creating a renamed copy of the file for MB 2.5.

When the file loads, I see the brightly colored tracks, but no wave forms and no sound.
I can import the Interchange audio files into new tracks and they play just fine.

So the question is: Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is right now?
I haven't found any other threads about this or anything in the manual, so I wonder.

Why dont you just get a hold of the audio files that you put into mixbus 2 and just load them into mixbus 3,

Not sure if its a good idea to just load it straight from mixbus 2 because all your plugins would have been set different , plus some plugins would not be in mixbus 3 that are in 2,

If its only the files you want just do it from the folder
(08-01-2015, 04:43 PM)novaburst Wrote: Why dont you just get a hold of the audio files that you put into mixbus 2 and just load them into mixbus 3,

Not sure if its a good idea to just load it straight from mixbus 2 because all your plugins would have been set different , plus some plugins would not be in mixbus 3 that are in 2,

If its only the files you want just do it from the folder

Thanks, but I'm already doing that.

Loading the MB 2.5 file should preserve clip gain edits and some automation,
along with any time shifting of clips - all of which could save me some time.

Also, even if some plugs are missing, not all will be missing.
AFAICT all my plugs are available.
Boyd
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;

V3 is not an upgrade of v2, It is a new one. What sense to import a full v2 session I was working on and have plugs and all to open in another daw (V3)? The new daw will not recognize my plugin settings, routings etc etc. What do I expect for opening it in a new daw?
To tell the truth first I tried tooSmile but then got to this conclusion above.
Wouldn't this logic indicate that we should not be surprised if future new versions of Mixbus are incompatible with previous versions? I know of no other DAW (or pretty much software of any type) that takes such an approach. Take something like Word or Excel. They provide new features with each iteration, but no one would buy an upgrade if it made all their previous work obsolete.

If Mixbus 3 is NOT an upgrade of Mixbus 2, does that mean that we all have to keep old versions of Mixbus on our machines whenever an incompatible new version is released, or manually re-create every old project by hand? Yikes!

Maybe just me, but I actually do pretty much expect new versions of a software program to be able to load and run projects from previous versions. And not screw up plugin settings or anything else in the process. Just me, though.
It is be logical, yes, all my other daws open previous ones well. Maybe the three platforms make it complicated for MB to solve this problem
(08-02-2015, 01:59 AM)Tassy Wrote: V3 is not an upgrade of v2, It is a new one. What sense to import a full v2 session I was working on and have plugs and all to open in another daw (V3)? The new daw will not recognize my plugin settings, routings etc etc. What do I expect for opening it in a new daw?
To tell the truth first I tried tooSmile but then got to this conclusion above.

Tassy is right, but the fact that opening 2.5 sessions in MB3 doesn't work very well now doesn't mean that it won't be fixed.
That the process is there at all means it was intended to work.

I manually moved my audio files from 2.5 to MB3 and many of those will be replaced with midi files and VSTi's, so it's now a moot point for me.

Anyone who has 2.5 sessions with lots of effects/automation/editing can leave those projects in 2.5 for now, and start new projects in MB3.
Boyd