Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2.5 Sessions into MB3 - no audio
I've tried loading a few MB 2.5 sessions into MB 3.0 without success.
MB3 goes through the load process and gives me the message about creating a renamed copy of the file for MB 2.5.

When the file loads, I see the brightly colored tracks, but no wave forms and no sound.
I can import the Interchange audio files into new tracks and they play just fine.

So the question is: Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is right now?
I haven't found any other threads about this or anything in the manual, so I wonder.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch

It does say somewhere that Mixbus 3 doesn't support 2.5 projects. I can't remember where though.
I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I already did that and i had no problem at all. MB3 will tell you that it renamed the original session file into session-file-2000 or something like that, but yes, it should work.
Did you try with another session started on MB2? (Make a backup of the session file somewhere, you never know).
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
Here's a little observation on the subject. I opened a 2.5 session in 3, went thru the renaming screen etc. then got a couple of colored lanes with no audio playing and no waveform drawn.
I then imported the audio files into differant tracks and all played smoothly (the imported audio...) I then deleted the original lanes and moved the working regions into those tracks, the waveforms disapeared from the lanes and once again, no audio is playing ??? I then moved the lanes back to the other tracks into which I imported the audio files and suddenly i have waveforms drawn and audio playing ... really really weird ...
Itsik Friedman
Storm Productions
http://www.stormproductions.co.il
Am really enjoying starting to work in Mixbus 3, but honestly, this one just floors me. I'm having a really interesting time trying to get my head around a new version of the software that won't load projects from the previous version. I have exactly the same experience as the OP, and would really like some information on getting my older projects to load and run without having to redo all the plugins, eq settings, etc.

The inclusion of MIDI plugin support means that older projects could now have MIDI support, if only they would load. Can we get some tech support for getting 2.5 projects loaded into 3.0, please? This just seems bizarre to me, and I would really like to be able to keep working with older projects without having to go back to REAPER, or swap back and forth between Mixbus versions to get MIDI support into them.
(07-28-2015, 09:48 AM)Subzero Wrote: Here's a little observation on the subject. I opened a 2.5 session in 3, went thru the renaming screen etc. then got a couple of colored lanes with no audio playing and no waveform drawn.
I then imported the audio files into differant tracks and all played smoothly (the imported audio...) I then deleted the original lanes and moved the working regions into those tracks, the waveforms disapeared from the lanes and once again, no audio is playing ??? I then moved the lanes back to the other tracks into which I imported the audio files and suddenly i have waveforms drawn and audio playing ... really really weird ...

Subzero - I've managed to reproduce that with a session here and I've copied it to Ben for verification. We'd be interested to know if it's a "Windows only" issue. Have any of you guys experienced this on a non-Windows system?

[Edit...] 2nd theory... would these sessions have been (originally) imported into Mixbus2 using ArdourXchange?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
As i stated before, for me it's working on linux (at least for the moment ;-)
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
Only running on Windows. Never used ArdourXchange. My projects were created in Mixbus 2.5. I did import audio files from Reaper, but just set up tracks and then imported the files.
(07-28-2015, 09:48 AM)Subzero Wrote: Here's a little observation on the subject. I opened a 2.5 session in 3, went thru the renaming screen etc. then got a couple of colored lanes with no audio playing and no waveform drawn.

(07-29-2015, 01:24 PM)fleidt Wrote: Only running on Windows. Never used ArdourXchange. My projects were created in Mixbus 2.5. I did import audio files from Reaper, but just set up tracks and then imported the files.

Both of these are exactly my experience.
The only way I can get a MB2.5 project into MB3 is to create a new Session File and load the wave files manually.
Boyd
------------------------------------------
Windows 10 64; - Core i5 16GB; - RME Babyface; - MixBus 32C & XT plugins; Sonarworks Reference 4; Ozone 8; Neutron 2; Steven Slate Drums 5;
Superior Drummer 3; Ample Sound Bass & Guitar VSTi's; Behringer X-Touch

Thanks for the input on this guys. I'm hopeful that a fix will be in the next interim version.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!