Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Requesting a refund for MB3
I purchased MB3 almost two weeks ago on good faith that it would work as advertised on my machine. Well it doesn't. None of my plugins work. If there was a demo, I would have been able to test it before making the purchase. Can I please get my money back ($79)? Without access to my plugins, this DAW is useless to me. I will gladly buy it again when you have a fully working version that works on my system.

See this thread in which I reached out to support for my issue:
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-1263.html
I understand you. Not working plugs you had used with success is the biggest problem, even on a consol-like daw.
Summer 2000, I know how you feel. I have gone straight back to using MB2.5 as MB3 is all but unusable on my setup (win 7 64bit, Focusrite 2i2, quad core laptop with 32" additional monitor).
MB 2.5 looks and works like magic - all I wanted from MB3 was multicore operation to ease the DSP load, plus maybe some extra mixbuses. What I got was a load of shite that doesn't work properly. The midi is rubbish and still doesn't support controllers properly on windows. The GUI is hideous on my system. The ASIO is dysfunctional. The whole thing only works if I disable multicore, it's still only got 8 mixbuses so what is the f*%#ing point ?!

I will wait (im)patiently for V3.1 but I have not been so disappointed in a software release for years. I urged all of my peers to move to mixbus (they all loved V2.5) but they are now looking at me askance. I know Harrison have thought long and hard about how to position Mixbus in the market but I doubt "cheap flaky rubbish" was their intended outcome.

I know you tried hard, Harrison guys, but this is a miss of epic proportions.
@Summer2000
You should contact harrison by mail, i don't think that this will be discussed in public.
But you should be aware that for many people MB3 is just working!
So if it doesn't work for some people, don't blame Harrison. It is impossible to test all combinations of OS / Hardware / Plugins / .......
@blackshepe
Maybe MB3 doesn't work on your machine, but that's not a reason to call it a "load of shite that doesn't work properly" .
In my case MB3 works fine, doesn't crash, finds all plugs and so on. I record 24 tracks at 88,2k simultaneously with a latency of 2,9 ms without x-runs, but then, i'm on Linux Tongue
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(07-20-2015, 03:57 AM)sonik Wrote: So if it doesn't work for some people, don't blame Harrison. It is impossible to test all combinations of OS / Hardware / Plugins / .......

You're joking right? I know Harrison are doing their best and that their support is really great, but why is MB so buggy compared to other cheap DAWs? They are also working on different combinations of OS / Hardware / Plugins / .......
No, i am not joking.
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(07-20-2015, 05:41 AM)sonik Wrote: No, i am not joking.

Ok, you are not. If the other companies are doing a big effort to have their products working flawessly, and are succeeding, something is wrong in Harrison's path....
(07-19-2015, 11:05 AM)Summer2000 Wrote: I purchased MB3 almost two weeks ago on good faith that it would work as advertised on my machine. Well it doesn't. None of my plugins work. If there was a demo, I would have been able to test it before making the purchase. Can I please get my money back ($79)? Without access to my plugins, this DAW is useless to me. I will gladly buy it again when you have a fully working version that works on my system.

See this thread in which I reached out to support for my issue:
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...-1263.html
The forum won't refund you. Write Harrison directly. Screaming around here looks somehow like a toddler's hissy-fit.
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(07-20-2015, 07:10 AM)scalawag Wrote:

Ok, you are not. If the other companies are doing a big effort to have their products working flawessly, and are succeeding, something is wrong in Harrison's path....

Can you name one daw which works on Win, Mac and Linux?
(Except Bitwig, which is not comparable to MB).
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(07-20-2015, 07:30 AM)sonik Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 07:10 AM)scalawag Wrote:

Can you name one daw which works on Win, Mac and Linux?
(Except Bitwig, which is not comparable to MB).

What does multiplatform have to do with critical bugs? Look, i really want Harrison to succeed, but stop telling people that everything is fine with MB, that the problem is the user / computer when it crash doing really simple tasks, like copy / paste.