Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Requesting a refund for MB3
Quote:What does multiplatform have to do with critical bugs? Look, i really want Harrison to succeed, but stop telling people that everything is fine with MB, that the problem is the user / computer when it crash doing really simple tasks, like copy / paste.

Excuse me, but if in my case copy / paste doesn't crash MB, what do you want i tell people except the truth, which is that it doesn't crash?
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
There are bugs for sure in Windows, but I would give Harrison a chance to release 3.1 at least. They have proven to be an excellent company for many years. The fact that it is working well in Linux is a good sign...surely it's only a matter of finding the problems with Windows and/or ASIO drivers.
Sign me up for a refund too. MB3 has been completely unusable for me. Crash, crash, crash.
(07-20-2015, 08:58 AM)clintmartin Wrote: There are bugs for sure in Windows, but I would give Harrison a chance to release 3.1 at least. They have proven to be an excellent company for many years. The fact that it is working well in Linux is a good sign...surely it's only a matter of finding the problems with Windows and/or ASIO drivers.
It is strange but sometimes it works with plenty of tracks and plugins sometimes it crashes at launch. I had same issues with Mac os X and linux ( sorry but i have 3 the 3 OS on my room) Depends on days, on features i'm using. Midi and video seems very bugged. Audio works if you don't change sample rate...
Harrison is a very serious company for sure, doing their best. but i can understand people asking for refund. when you buy a software and it does not work at all, it's a nightmare.

"Can you name one daw which works on Win, Mac and Linux?"
bitwig. even tracktion is heavily bugged. But 99% of daws does not even exist on Linux because Linux users represents maybe 5% of PC users and probably Linux musicians 1% of those 5%. it's not enough for a company. Linux won't be a serious challenger for Mac and Windows on personal computers because there are so many distribs noone can say what one is the most appropriate. I tried KXstudio, for sure it has nice features but you can have them on other linux like Ubuntu. debian is hard but slackware and gentoo are terrible... the only thing I remember from Slack was the StartX command. It was not on 1950 but 2000. If you're missing a step everything is down, when you try other repositories, it's a challenge, an adventure because it can destroy your system... Am I wrong ? No as I know very well synaptics and other updates...

Let's talk about Ubuntu. Ubuntu studio is one of the most user friendly ever (for a linux) but if you think people can type sudo commands all the time ? US 14.04 works fine but 15.04 is very bugged. So i had to use GPARTED before 2nd install. It's not easy, not for everyone. Something easy for a linux user like sudo apt-get install is a kind of nigthmare for other people and a total waste of time. When I try to install WINE ASIO on my Linux ubuntu, I see nothing changed for years. It's always the same fight... I lost the fight because Ubuntu14.04 refuses packages... I can not use bluetooth, for coding it it's always the same trick as it was 10 years ago. When your soundcard is class compliant it works out of the box but when it is not, it's a nightmare. I'm not saying it's a bad OS but it's not an OS for everyone. And yeah I could install linux by myself on my laptop and yes everything works but it takes enormous time for... basic features. i'm happy it took me hours to obtain a laptop for internet, netflix, print features, open office and of course Mixbus. (I don't remember DVD features : as it was 10 years ago I must install libdvdcss to see a movie !) Kind of sport, as making an hackintosh. But is it really interesting ? not sure as I "lost" all my plugins specially my beloved Slate digital and Waves on the fight.

Sometimes fun but useful never.
(07-20-2015, 08:02 AM)scalawag Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 07:30 AM)sonik Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 07:10 AM)scalawag Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 05:41 AM)sonik Wrote: No, i am not joking.

Ok, you are not. If the other companies are doing a big effort to have their products working flawessly, and are succeeding, something is wrong in Harrison's path....

Can you name one daw which works on Win, Mac and Linux?
(Except Bitwig, which is not comparable to MB).

What does multiplatform have to do with critical bugs? Look, i really want Harrison to succeed, but stop telling people that everything is fine with MB, that the problem is the user / computer when it crash doing really simple tasks, like copy / paste.
WOW! This may be the very FIRST time I've ever seen this kind of talk on a forum for a DAW.Tongue
My Studio Specs

I track, edit and manage tracks in Studio One Pro V6/CbB. I try to always mix in Mixbus32C.

“It did what all ads are supposed to do: create an anxiety relievable by purchase.”
― David Foster Wallace, Infinite Jest
@PascalC
If you know linux already since ten years, you should know one simple rule:
"If it's not broke, don't try to fix it!"
Why, if Ubuntu 14.04 was working well, you change?
Mixbus / Linux 64bit
(07-20-2015, 11:40 AM)PascalC Wrote:
(07-20-2015, 08:58 AM)clintmartin Wrote: There are bugs for sure in Windows, but I would give Harrison a chance to release 3.1 at least. They have proven to be an excellent company for many years. The fact that it is working well in Linux is a good sign...surely it's only a matter of finding the problems with Windows and/or ASIO drivers.
It is strange but sometimes it works with plenty of tracks and plugins sometimes it crashes at launch. I had same issues with Mac os X and linux ( sorry but i have 3 the 3 OS on my room) Depends on days, on features i'm using. Midi and video seems very bugged. Audio works if you don't change sample rate...
Harrison is a very serious company for sure, doing their best. but i can understand people asking for refund. when you buy a software and it does not work at all, it's a nightmare.

"Can you name one daw which works on Win, Mac and Linux?"
bitwig. even tracktion is heavily bugged. But 99% of daws does not even exist on Linux because Linux users represents maybe 5% of PC users and probably Linux musicians 1% of those 5%. it's not enough for a company. Linux won't be a serious challenger for Mac and Windows on personal computers because there are so many distribs noone can say what one is the most appropriate. I tried KXstudio, for sure it has nice features but you can have them on other linux like Ubuntu. debian is hard but slackware and gentoo are terrible... the only thing I remember from Slack was the StartX command. It was not on 1950 but 2000. If you're missing a step everything is down, when you try other repositories, it's a challenge, an adventure because it can destroy your system... Am I wrong ? No as I know very well synaptics and other updates...

Let's talk about Ubuntu. Ubuntu studio is one of the most user friendly ever (for a linux) but if you think people can type sudo commands all the time ? US 14.04 works fine but 15.04 is very bugged. So i had to use GPARTED before 2nd install. It's not easy, not for everyone. Something easy for a linux user like sudo apt-get install is a kind of nigthmare for other people and a total waste of time. When I try to install WINE ASIO on my Linux ubuntu, I see nothing changed for years. It's always the same fight... I lost the fight because Ubuntu14.04 refuses packages... I can not use bluetooth, for coding it it's always the same trick as it was 10 years ago. When your soundcard is class compliant it works out of the box but when it is not, it's a nightmare. I'm not saying it's a bad OS but it's not an OS for everyone. And yeah I could install linux by myself on my laptop and yes everything works but it takes enormous time for... basic features. i'm happy it took me hours to obtain a laptop for internet, netflix, print features, open office and of course Mixbus. (I don't remember DVD features : as it was 10 years ago I must install libdvdcss to see a movie !) Kind of sport, as making an hackintosh. But is it really interesting ? not sure as I "lost" all my plugins specially my beloved Slate digital and Waves on the fight.

Sometimes fun but useful never.

Pascal, I run Ubuntu Studio 15.04 and it is rock solid. I moved off Windows (and I was a Windows user before there was a Windows!) 3 years ago and have never looked back! The only windows program that does not play nicely is Guitar Pro 6. I even run Reaper in Wine and it plays nicely! But I do love running MB3 in Linus. Plays beautifully, although I am a novice recording guy.
Just my two cents on this whole issue... (well... maybe a buck fifty)

I've been a customer/user of MB 2.x for a couple+ years and have been very satisfied (after a bit of a learning curve). Had been eagerly waiting for MB 3.

After it arrived and I began fooling with it, I pretty much immediately realized that there were some issues, especially in the external I/O audio device and ASIO areas (I'm a WIN 7 user). After almost 2 weeks of mucking around I have a very usable mixing environment where I import stems from another DAW. Same as I did in MB 2.5. Overdubs, MIDI tweaks, etc. go back to the current front-end system for the most part.

The major problems I experienced were the audio glitches. Using a Delta 1010. Originally used ASIO and the Delta 64-bit driver. Bad. Tried the Delta with Portaudio and ASIO4ALL. Better but still really bad. Tried Jack/Portaudio/ASIO4ALL with the Delta. Better but marginally tolerable even at 4096 frame buffer (44.1). Finally gave up on the Delta and am using the onboard audio on the MB for monitoring. Jack/Portaudio/ASIO4ALl with some Realtek "HD" sound chip. No glitches at all (with fairly low buffer - I really don't care about latency for mixing and huge buffers would not make a difference to me as long as the audio didn't glitch. Granted, I concentrated my interaction with MB3 in the audio guality/"glitch free" quest and NOT in exercising the new features (VSTi and MIDI support).

Bottom line is I'm able to use MB 3 to take advantage of the MP CPU, the EQ (has that been optimized?), the optimized Comp/Lim/Lev (which is kick butt!), and the ability to run multiple instances of some of the Harrison plugins (like XT-BC) which have previously brought my 6-core machine to its knees.

Regarding stability, I have had some unexpected freezes/lockups doing pretty simple things. I had that in pretty much every DAW I've used at one time or another. MB 3 is having its share of those things. But.... has anyone that has had interaction with the Harrison MB support team not agree that their user support has no peers in the industry? Saturday night, Sunday email responses....? Big Grin

If one were to go back in this forum and look at the problems & issues folks have had with previous MB releases (2 thru 2.5), you will see that even though problems were reported, they were quickly addressed by Harrison (without upgrade fees, tech support fees, etc.). And, 2.5 ended up being an extremely solid piece of S/W. I have seen some posts eluding to making MB 2.5 available to folks who are having problems and have purchased MB 3.... I think this is a good idea. The analog console paradigm and resultant sound could very well change that attitude of folks who feel that they were "burnt" with purchasing MB 3.

I eagerly await the next releases of MB 3 and am confident that the product will become more solid and stable in the months ahead. In the meantime, I use MB 3 for strictly mixing. There are so many new features that I will take them on slowly and learn their nuances (and quirks) over time. My hope is to someday, be able to use Mixbus for a project start to finish. In the meantime, I will survive!

Oh, and you Linux folks "are making me very angry" (remember Marvin the Martian and Bugs Bunny?) with all your lack of problems with MB3... Blush Almost tempted to try an AVLinux or Ubunto distro and see what happens.

Let's keep the discussions civil and on-topic here and try and learn from one another. There are a lot of VERY clever and competent folks on this forum that I have learned much from.

D.
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K

probably should let sleeping dogs lie, but....

My post was a scream of frustration after spending fruitless hours trying to get MB3 to work.

I have gone back to using MB2.5 for now, as another user has calmly suggested, and will wait patiently for V3.1.
Spoke too loud, too soon, and I apologise to the hardworking Harrison people and other users for my outburst.
Not to say I am not disappointed with the several show stopping (for me) bugs, but I really should know better than to expect too much from a 'point oh' release.

Cheers all,
Keith Arnold
blakkshepeaudio
I also calmed down, MB3 needed a lot work to do, it was us who urged it to be released.
Linux users say they are satisfied, but audio always was more troubleless on linux if someone knows how to use it.
I do not,
Win version is always the worst of any software on earth being win a virus itself.

After two weeks I succeeded to get my 2.5 working again.

Good thing in MB3 I found the sound even better than in 2.5 that is a marvel to achieve because already best sounding daw.
It lasted 3 years in 2... to get a fine release so we'll meet next year on MB3.2,3,4 if the gui will be changed.

I started the practical little wishes thread on 2...long ago (and the emphasis was on PRACTICAL), but on 3. it would be so long that I leave it to others.

But will write to Harrison those less than 10 practical changes I still miss and that would make MB
superior to all other daws.
Still I am one of the most patient guys among MB2.5 users

Best wishes
Tassy