Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to Mixbus, experiencing a lot of instability.
Copied from another thread:

I reinstalled my Eleven Rack driver now version 1.1.10 and started getting crashes. I couldn't record and when I managed to get a take down it was out of sync. Then I remembered this very important tweak.

Start/Control Panel/Sound/
For each entry under Playback and Recording of your interface select properties.
Under device usage select: Don't use this device (disable)

... just finished a tracking session without a single issue.
(07-18-2015, 09:17 PM)Picophone Wrote: Start/Control Panel/Sound/
For each entry under Playback and Recording of your interface select properties.
Under device usage select: Don't use this device (disable)

Looks like the Windows sound system gets in the way. It wants to own but not to share Big Grin

MMM
(07-18-2015, 04:13 PM)davefk Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 10:19 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Generally, nobody takes time to write if things are working well, so you might see more negative comments on the forum, than positive.

Hey Ben, that comment is a bit unfair. Sure, people can be negative, but you must realize that if you wish to put out a product that is marketed as a working product and it has these many problems, that you have to take the backlash on the chin, and not criticize your customers because they are 'negative' [...] stop whinging about those who have a right to feel a little miffed at paying for, and not having a stable product.

Best,
Dave

Hi Dave, I can assure you we're not complacent about this but it needs to get put into some perspective. I haven't counted the number of people who've complained here but I'd confidently put the number at a few tens (50 maybe? / 60?). And yet Mixbus-3 sales have literally been in their THOUSANDS. 98% of users simply aren't experiencing these issues.

That doesn't in any way diminish their importance - but like any other manufacturer, we can only fix problems we can reproduce. And reproducing them takes time. For example, if a specific manufacturer's plugins aren't working we need to get co-operation from that manufacturer. But they're busy people, just like you and us. Agreements can sometimes take weeks to set up.

For most users, Mixbus-2 was a hugely stable product. So if you're experiencing problems with Mixbus-3, please stick with Mixbus-2 while we figure out what's wrong.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Hi,

In the context of this thread I must say that I've spent hughly bigger amounts of Euro's on companies that I know that have good reputations here in my area (building project)... a good 4 new big cars of quantity...
Well, a few companies I've spent a lot of money on, weren't nearly half as willing to deliver quality and aftersales service than Harrison are. In fact, NONE of them react as quickly, let alone spontanious, as Harrison did since I use Mixbus. I think I already asked them 8 private questions, and also got help from them in threads...all for just 28 dollars (did nobrainer deal at don't crack aprox. 2 years ago for 25 Euros).

So I would suggest they put a lot of care on delivering a satisfiying product, and not just want an easy way to collect money, like there are many companies these days... and they are a big international trading company though.

I think that's something to be said.

Peace, Benny.
(07-18-2015, 07:39 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote: The tone, Dave (and others here), the tone makes the music. Many comments here are the written equivalent to kicking someone in the groin without warning. If that's the intention, well, then... If the intention is getting help and helping all the others out there with similar issues it might be helpful to give a detailful error report and a similarly detailed report of which actions lead to the issue.
Starting a post with "don't you beta test?" and keeping after-kicking in later posts helps nobody but your ego. Find a boxing bag to work up your emotions.

What are you talking about? How do you know 'Many comments here are the written equivalent to kicking someone in the groin without warning'? If your comments are intended towards insulting me, then find a boxing bag to work out YOUR emotions and then get a life...Big Grin

(07-19-2015, 02:46 AM)WinSupport@Harrison Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 04:13 PM)davefk Wrote:
(07-18-2015, 10:19 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Generally, nobody takes time to write if things are working well, so you might see more negative comments on the forum, than positive.

Hey Ben, that comment is a bit unfair. Sure, people can be negative, but you must realize that if you wish to put out a product that is marketed as a working product and it has these many problems, that you have to take the backlash on the chin, and not criticize your customers because they are 'negative' [...] stop whinging about those who have a right to feel a little miffed at paying for, and not having a stable product.

Best,
Dave

Hi Dave, I can assure you we're not complacent about this but it needs to get put into some perspective. I haven't counted the number of people who've complained here but I'd confidently put the number at a few tens (50 maybe? / 60?). And yet Mixbus-3 sales have literally been in their THOUSANDS. 98% of users simply aren't experiencing these issues.

That doesn't in any way diminish their importance - but like any other manufacturer, we can only fix problems we can reproduce. And reproducing them takes time. For example, if a specific manufacturer's plugins aren't working we need to get co-operation from that manufacturer. But they're busy people, just like you and us. Agreements can sometimes take weeks to set up.

For most users, Mixbus-2 was a hugely stable product. So if you're experiencing problems with Mixbus-3, please stick with Mixbus-2 while we figure out what's wrong.

Hi Ben

Can you confirm how Mixbus-3 issues and bugs should be reported? By email? In the relative forum?

Thanks
I understand that troubleshooting and resolving issues requires some level of reproducibility...But I haven't found a rhyme or reason to many of the crashes I've experienced. I try to report them with step-by-step directions as to what I did that caused the system to crash.

If I had to break down a few areas:

General GUI wierdness:

Clicking solo/mute buttons doesn't work as expected/doesn't work at all.

Window focus. (For instance, transport controls should ALWAYS be transport controls, but that's not always the case as "space" can toggle bus/group state if that was the area last clicked. I'd consider that a bug.)

How about have to delete a send or effect 2-3 times before it actually deletes? Right-click, Delete. Nothing. Repeat two more times and it finally goes away. Not cool.

Windows pop up without any way to actually get to them. I had this happen once whn trying to exit without saving a project. The dialog got hidden behind the Edit window and every time I tried to make the dialog the front window, the Edit view always took over. Not just for MixBus, but for everything running on my computer. I had to ultimately power-off my system.

Track creation/deletion weirdness:

Create a track...Crash.
Delete a track....Crash.
Create several tracks and then delete...Crash.
Create a subgroup...Crash.
Delete a subgroup...Crash.

No obviously if this NEVER worked, this software would never have been released. But for some reason, on some systems, this is the case. What do those operations have in common that could cause MB3 to crash like that? I'm not the only person reporting this either.

ASIO/Sample rate weirdness:

Guys are saying they can't set the sample rate or have to several times, and that when they do, it will often cause the system to crash. Bad news.

So I dunno...If I had a formula for all of these things I'd gladly share it. Unfortunately, it's just random.

To those saying it works just fine for them...That's great....But don't minimize the painful experience that some of us have. I would say that we're not here bashing the app/devs....We're here to make it better. Not one of us is here to make MB3 fail, we just want to use it.