Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
v3 and control surfaces
@dialtr,

We promised to provide full support for control surfaces in v3.1. It's taken much longer than we anticipated, but we are very near a 3.1 release.

To avoid withholding new features and fixes too long, we've been publishing "interim" releases while we work towards 3.1

The latest interim release ( available on this forum, under the "interim release" category) provides support for MIDI controllers. You can download that and try it out!

Best,
-Ben
Thanks, Ben. I'll definitely check that out. What fantastic support. Kudos!
(07-23-2015, 12:57 PM)Support@Harrison Wrote: We have several devices with a HUI mode ( including a Mackie MCU Pro, a Faderport, and our own consoles ). But not an original "HUI".

The reason why I bought Mixbus in the first place was because it was supposedly going to support the Mackie Control Universal Pro. Mixbus has been sitting here idle since that time (v2) because without a control surface, I won't use any DAW. Of course I realize there are plenty of other reasons why it would be great to use Mixbus. But they're all irrelevant in my case because I can't work without a control surface.

And for me, HUI mode isn't a good solution. I want to use the MCU Pro in its native mode (not HUI emulation mode), configured with its add-on units to provide 16 physical faders and a bank of V-pots. Can you say whether or not this is going to be possible?

And in order to get the upgrade price that's available to us v2.x users, do I have to buy v3 before 3.1 is released (if it hasn't been already)?
(01-23-2016, 12:45 PM)Grumpy Wrote: And for me, HUI mode isn't a good solution. I want to use the MCU Pro in its native mode (not HUI emulation mode), configured with its add-on units to provide 16 physical faders and a bank of V-pots. Can you say whether or not this is going to be possible?

And in order to get the upgrade price that's available to us v2.x users, do I have to buy v3 before 3.1 is released (if it hasn't been already)?

Haha don't be Grumpy when I ask where have you been in the last 3 or so months?
Mackie MCU including extenders is now fully supported, I have one myself. Works like a charm.
V2 is not further developed but you can upgrade to v3.x anytime, I'm wondering if there's even a special NAMM price atm. Buying 3.x means all minor (.x) updates are free as you are used to from v2.x.

HTH
MMM
(01-23-2016, 06:19 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 12:45 PM)Grumpy Wrote: And for me, HUI mode isn't a good solution. I want to use the MCU Pro in its native mode (not HUI emulation mode), configured with its add-on units to provide 16 physical faders and a bank of V-pots. Can you say whether or not this is going to be possible?

Haha don't be Grumpy when I ask where have you been in the last 3 or so months?
Mackie MCU including extenders is now fully supported, I have one myself. Works like a charm.
V2 is not further developed but you can upgrade to v3.x anytime, I'm wondering if there's even a special NAMM price atm. Buying 3.x means all minor (.x) updates are free as you are used to from v2.x.

HTH
MMM

I'm not feeling grumpy at all. But I haven't been hanging around here. Why would I? I haven't been using Mixbus at all.

It's very nice to hear that the MCU (Pro) with extenders is now supported. But you didn't say anything about native VS HUI emulation mode.

My question about buying the v3 upgrade has to do with the recent promotional e-mail that Harrison sent out (saying to upgrade for $40 before v.3.1 ships).

And yes, there's a special NAMM price. But it's higher than the v2 upgrade price. And I keep hoping that they'll offer a killer deal on the plug-in bundle of my dreams.
(01-23-2016, 07:56 PM)Grumpy Wrote: I'm not feeling grumpy at all. But I haven't been hanging around here. Why would I? I haven't been using Mixbus at all.

They have released interim versions after 3.0 and at some stage they (re-)added the control surface functionality.

(01-23-2016, 07:56 PM)Grumpy Wrote: It's very nice to hear that the MCU (Pro) with extenders is now supported. But you didn't say anything about native VS HUI emulation mode.

HUI is not supported yet. Do you need it with the MCU Pro? (I don't)

(01-23-2016, 07:56 PM)Grumpy Wrote: My question about buying the v3 upgrade has to do with the recent promotional e-mail that Harrison sent out (saying to upgrade for $40 before v.3.1 ships).

Just do it now. $40 is the best you can get and the 3.1 update will be free anyway. Also, as a forum member you can download the latest interim release and use it with your license, so you have most of the 3.1 functionality (including MCU) right now.

(01-23-2016, 07:56 PM)Grumpy Wrote: And yes, there's a special NAMM price. But it's higher than the v2 upgrade price. And I keep hoping that they'll offer a killer deal on the plug-in bundle of my dreams.

Best way would be to become a "subscriber", that will cost you $9 a month but you get half-price-offers regularly and other goodies are planned.

HTH
MMM
I don't want to be a pain. But we seem to be coming at this from opposite perspectives. It's not worth analyzing that fact to death. So I'll just say that I think I completely understand your meanings here, and appreciate your inclination to be helpful. Thanks much for your reply.
(01-23-2016, 07:56 PM)Grumpy Wrote: And yes, there's a special NAMM price. But it's higher than the v2 upgrade price. And I keep hoping that they'll offer a killer deal on the plug-in bundle of my dreams.

Just to clarify...
Buying a v 3 license includes all v3.x updates for free.
Normally Mixbus v3 outright purchase is $79.
The standard upgrade cost for v2.? to v3 is $40.
The NAMM 2016 offer for outright purchase is $59, this includes 25% off all plug-ins at the moment.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Sorry if this feel like hijacking the thread but I was really hoping that Harrison would show a control surface at namm this year. Something that would give a tactile way of controlling faders, EQ and compressor-parameters, track-arming and bus-sends etc. Now I understand that such a product might still be quite a bit ahead in time and I'm wondering if anyone has any reccomendations.

Most of the control surfaces I've seen seem to have buttons and knobs that don't translate well to harrison mixbus (too few knobs for this, to many faders for that etc.) Are you guys here on the forum using something that your very happy with and that translates well to mixbus 3?
Overmann
Quote: Are you guys here on the forum using something that your very happy with and that translates well to mixbus 3?
I use BCF2000 of everything is enough. Harrison I think shortly will add the button of management of aux and then there will be a full management of a mixer
foto:
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...hp?aid=511
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...hp?aid=513
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...hp?aid=518
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...hp?aid=512
http://mixbus.harrisonconsoles.com/forum...hp?aid=517