Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crop a song from live recording
...setting start and end to the song markers didn't solve it...
Discovered unbounced regions in the track stack,
deleted these, and still the project doesn't shrink really when cleaned...
So there is no bounce-in-place,
and I'll have to bounce, delete,
re-drag into place from source,
right ?

TIA

Klaus
Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
http://www.redmountain.ch/X32CoreFOHandBandclient.jpg
The size of the project is directly dependent on the size of your source files.
Everything else in Mixbus is a representation of what the DAW is doing TO those source files.
So, you can eliminate tons of captured program via edits, resulting of the 10 minutes that you want to use going forward,
but, as someone already noted, the size of your source files will have not reduced (because Mixbus is a "non-destructive" DAW)
the overall size of your (sub)project.

So.... to reduce the size of your entire package (exported song and all edits in preserve), you need to edit out unwanted source info.
THAT is a feature that is not currently in Mixbus. The only recommendation I would have for you is this:
Presuming that you MIGHT want to re-process another song (or two) from the same performance:
1) Make a copy of your entire performance. This is so you will have an unedited "source" for all future endeavors.
Do this with the "Save As" function and be sure to "Copy all files to the new project"
2) Make ANOTHER copy of the same source for each new project you want to work on. But DO NOT copy in the original source files.
By doing this, your resulting (sub)projects will NOT have the storage burden of your original project.
You can still go back and re-edit any (sub)project because the .ardour session file for each (sub)project has a reference path to where 
your source files actually are. 

Now... Having revealed this to you I need to add that I NO LONGER use this method. And the reason is that IF I can no longer get to the
original project, where the source files are located, then I'm UNABLE to use that (sub)project session. Have that realization smack you
once and you decide to put up with the extra disk space requirements for your (sub)projects and copy in all your source files.

Hope this helps!
Cheers!
Patrick
Thanks Patrick
exactly true, that's why I need a independant project of a song
- thus the need to merge / render the regions and empty the project and reimport

No need to apply region gains etc,
but that is probably MB in it's current ( v9 ) state,
forcing it to apply
Testing now...

Thanks to all
and
best regards

Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13
Finally I shrunk the 1-song project by bouncing and cleaning.
Bouncing could get a replace 'in place' as Dingo suggested
with naming options...

and 'undo' could manifest as list too

Thanks for help

Klaus
Macmini core2duo / i7
OS 10.10-10.13