Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Waves Problem Fix Worked For Me !!
Thumbs Up 
I have had no issues with any 3rd party plugins in the past other then Waves. I have owned almost every version of Mixbus and the problem was the same every time. It would crash and if it didn't crash the CPU was through the roof with only a couple of waves plugins. 
     I started to realize that it may be to do with my PC internal performance settings. I did some research and much to my delight my issues are solved. Here is what I did:

1. Search: Nvidia Control Panel in task bar 
2. Look right Under 3D settings and click on "Adjust image settings with preview" 
3. Slide the slider to the left to "Performance" instead of "Quality" Hit apply. Restart your PC and BAMMM no issues !!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Windows 10 AMD Ryzan i7 32ram SSD 

Glenn Murphy
Hello Glenn and welcome to the forum. The good news is that this got discovered here a looong time ago Blush

But unfortunately it turned into quite a long thread so one of the moderators decided to split it into 2 separate threads.

And the bad news is that there's been a long-standing issue here with split threads. Whenever someone decides to split a thread, it seems to then become unsearchable  Dodgy
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-11270.html
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)GlennMurphy Wrote: I have had no issues with any 3rd party plugins in the past other then Waves. I have owned almost every version of Mixbus and the problem was the same every time. It would crash and if it didn't crash the CPU was through the roof with only a couple of waves plugins. 
     I started to realize that it may be to do with my PC internal performance settings. I did some research and much to my delight my issues are solved. Here is what I did:

2. Look right Under 3D settings and click on "Adjust image settings with preview" 
3. Slide the slider to the left to "Performance" instead of "Quality" Hit apply. Restart your PC and BAMMM no issues !!

Hi Glenn, this is an amazing fix for the waves problem, thanks a lot, this is a lifesaver!
You are a hero!
Best wishes!
(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)GlennMurphy Wrote: I have had no issues with any 3rd party plugins in the past other then Waves. I have owned almost every version of Mixbus and the problem was the same every time. It would crash and if it didn't crash the CPU was through the roof with only a couple of waves plugins. 

Excellent, thanks a lot no more stuttering vid on waves plugs.