Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus v10 - now available!
Now the problem is I was able to purchase the upgrade to v10 Pro for $99, but cannot find nor have a received download/install instructions. I see I purchased the license. Now where do I get v10 and how do I install it? There used to be a follow up email with OS specific download links.
Has the issue of an outlandish “sales tax” been addressed? It appeared that the calculated sales tax was based on the “list price” and not the actual discounted price. I’m not paying $30 sales tax on a $100 purchase! Ben or Harrison, please advise. Thanks!
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K

(04-18-2024, 11:50 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: it seems there's a mixup with the Mixbus and Mixbus32C upgrade prices. If you own both products, the store is giving you the Mixbus upgrade prices rather than 32C.  We are working on it.

OOPS I jumped the gun with my login and got the $149.00 price as a MB32C user - (hadn’t seen your forum message at the time with the correct prices either Sad )
(04-18-2024, 04:52 PM)deefedor Wrote: Has the issue of an outlandish “sales tax” been addressed?  It appeared that the calculated sales tax was based on the “list price” and not the actual discounted price.  I’m not paying $30 sales tax on a $100 purchase!  Ben or Harrison, please advise.  Thanks!

There is an issue in the Store for US and Australian customers whereby the cart is defaulting to the UK sales tax rate of 20% and some non iLok users are not able to check the no iLok option.
The devs at SSL are working on getting that fixed ASAP. Best if you wait a while. I will add a post in the General Forum giving status updates on this.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-18-2024, 05:19 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(04-18-2024, 04:52 PM)deefedor Wrote: Has the issue of an outlandish “sales tax” been addressed?  It appeared that the calculated sales tax was based on the “list price” and not the actual discounted price.  I’m not paying $30 sales tax on a $100 purchase!  Ben or Harrison, please advise.  Thanks!

There is an issue in the Store for US and Australian customers whereby the cart is defaulting to the UK sales tax rate of 20% and some non iLok users are not able to check the no iLok option.
The devs at SSL are working on getting that fixed ASAP. Best if you wait a while. I will add a post in the General Forum giving status updates on this.

Thanks Dingo…. I’ll hold off trying again this evening.  The lady friend will be happy as I won’t be sequestered in my studio all night and instead watching a movie together… ?
MB, MB32C, V10, Win 7/10, MacOS Catalina and Ventura, MBP & Ryzen platforms, nVidia and Radeon GPU’s, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, Mackie Onyx 1640, X-Touch, 43” UHD, x2 27” 4K

(04-18-2024, 10:45 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @PBuryk  ... that's a weird thing to get excited about  Smile  but ok, you do you...  Smile

Haha I find that, too, but for totally different reasons  Big Grin
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(04-18-2024, 04:27 PM)sweetbeats Wrote: Now the problem is I was able to purchase the upgrade to v10 Pro for $99, but cannot find nor have a received download/install instructions. I see I purchased the license. Now where do I get v10 and how do I install it? There used to be a follow up email with OS specific download links.

Go to the bottom of the email you received.
It has all of the download links.
The Mixbus WebSite "Software Products" area was just the place where your Harrison products licenses are kept.

Cheers!
Patrick
(04-18-2024, 04:27 PM)sweetbeats Wrote: Now the problem is I was able to purchase the upgrade to v10 Pro for $99, but cannot find nor have a received download/install instructions. I see I purchased the license. Now where do I get v10 and how do I install it? There used to be a follow up email with OS specific download links.

Installers....
Can be found in the Store, click on the download link or scroll to the bottom of the page.
There are links listed for installers for all OS versions of Mixbus v10.

Licenses...
When you log into your user account in the Harrison Store, go to My Account using the red Account icon top right of screen.
From My Account go to My Products / Software Products.

In Software Products you should find a list of all products purchased through the 'new' store (as of @Dec 2023)
Your license for Mixbus v10 will appear at the bottom of the screen.

To the right of the Serial number are two overlapping squares, click on this icon to copy the text to your clipboard.

Launch Mixbus the challenge window will open, paste your license into the window.

I hope this sorts out your issue.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
No plug-ins allowed on busses using Demo?  I tried the demo to make sure everything works OK on my system.  I open a new project, and I cannot get the window above the buss to let me put in a VST / LV2 plug in.  I tried the new 'proc' on the mixstrip, but it only toggles the tracks plug-in view, the busses remain grey instead of the usual black box for plug-ins. Mixbus 32C V9 works fine.

If these are supposed to be available in Demo mode, I did opt to carry over my V9 settings. Maybe that caused an issue ? 

So, is there no PROC / Plugins on the busses in the demo, or is something else going on ? 

I also assume there is no Dolby ATMOS on the demo as well ?   I was unable to find how to get to it.

One note: I did not see mention of the new triplets and  septuplets  on the grid that are now available in Mixbus on the release notes !
(04-18-2024, 07:13 PM)BSchmitty Wrote: No plug-ins allowed on busses using Demo?  I tried the demo to make sure everything works OK on my system.  I open a new project, and I cannot get the window above the buss to let me put in a VST / LV2 plug in.  I tried the new 'proc' on the mixstrip, but it only toggles the tracks plug-in view, the busses remain grey instead of the usual black box for plug-ins. Mixbus 32C V9 works fine.

If these are supposed to be available in Demo mode, I did opt to carry over my V9 settings. Maybe that caused an issue ? 

So, is there no PROC / Plugins on the busses in the demo, or is something else going on ? 

I also assume there is no Dolby ATMOS on the demo as well ?   I was unable to find how to get to it.

One note: I did not see mention of the new triplets and  septuplets  on the grid that are now available in Mixbus on the release notes !

If Comp and Sends are showing at the same time, then Procs will not display on the Mixbuses.
This is not intended and I am sure will be looked at soon.
Just hide the Comp and Procs will show in Mixbuses.

To trial Immersive, go Session / Immersive Panning and check the box. This will then enable the Atmos mixing path.