Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSL 2 Ubuntu studio
(03-13-2024, 04:51 PM)sunrat Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 10:44 AM)wavesound Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 09:34 PM)sunrat Wrote: @wavesound on a side note, how are you finding the SSL2? I'm considering getting one.
Very good so far  plenty of headroom. Not to sure about the 4k setting . Used once on vocals , happy with the result.
For the money it's unbeatable. Cheers

Thanks! Will have to replace my ancient M-Audio 2496 one day. Been hesitant to switch to USB card after PCI, although I could ditch the mixer. Surely the SSL converters would be better and the price is quite reasonable. Considering the SSL 2+ actually.

Hi Since I wrote this I now have a noise tone as soon as I plug the unit in even with linux not booted. was fine for months.
I am having real grief with plasma and gnome desktops losing sound completely . 
Constant tone from the USB tried different USB inputs direct to pc.
Driving me nuts now.
Assume I will have to reinstall the OS it's quite old now for the LTS version.
Linux for years!
Ubuntu studio 24.04 LTS  Mixbus 32C  V9
Dell Precision  T3600  8 core 64gb ram.
@wavesound -

WHAT???
         "Hi Since I wrote this I now have a noise tone as soon as I plug the unit in even with linux not booted. was fine for months."

Ii you have not yet booted Linux, it hardly seems that your noise source is your Linux system.
I would suspect that your audio interface (the SSL?) is not happy connecting via USB.
You say that you've tried other USB cables so I suspect the interface itself... maybe a configuration setting there?

Cheers!
Patrick
Or... maybe a GROUNDING issue?

Try plugging the power chords of your computer, and SSL into the same power strip.
And, make sure you're NOT using a "ground lifter" .

Patrick
(03-13-2024, 04:51 PM)sunrat Wrote:
(03-13-2024, 10:44 AM)wavesound Wrote:
(03-12-2024, 09:34 PM)sunrat Wrote: @wavesound on a side note, how are you finding the SSL2? I'm considering getting one.
Very good so far  plenty of headroom. Not to sure about the 4k setting . Used once on vocals , happy with the result.
For the money it's unbeatable. Cheers

Thanks! Will have to replace my ancient M-Audio 2496 one day. Been hesitant to switch to USB card after PCI, although I could ditch the mixer. Surely the SSL converters would be better and the price is quite reasonable. Considering the SSL 2+ actually.

Please note it failed with 2 months!!!!!!! sent back.
Linux for years!
(04-16-2024, 06:42 PM)PBuryk Wrote: @wavesound -

WHAT???
         "Hi Since I wrote this I now have a noise tone as soon as I plug the unit in even with linux not booted. was fine for months."

Ii you have not yet booted Linux, it hardly seems that your noise source is your Linux system.
I would suspect that your audio interface (the SSL?) is not happy connecting via USB.
You say that you've tried other USB cables so I suspect the interface itself... maybe a configuration setting there?

Cheers!
Patrick

It was the SSL which failed within 2 months!!!!
Linux for years!