Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI Pitch Bend and Sustain Edit Events - Where?
I am not a huge MIDI user and not sure if this is what you are seeking....
the Controllers automation lanes allow you to automate Sustain and Modulation on/off.
Works OK recording live via controller or after the event using the Draw and Internal Edit tools.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(01-10-2024, 08:21 PM)Dingo Wrote: I am not a huge MIDI user and not sure if this is what you are seeking....
the Controllers automation lanes allow you to automate Sustain and Modulation on/off.
Works OK recording live via controller or after the event using the Draw and Internal Edit tools.

Yes, the controller automation to automate the Sustain and Modulation on/off bits is exactly what I'm looking for. But where was I to be looking I suppose was the question. Every DAW I know of makes the Sustain, Modulation and Bend and it's easily found.

Reviewing your response I looked and found it in the area you suggested. TY!

[Image: Vdru4Kg.png]

Whew!..... Can't believe it took this long to locate and it's such a extremely basic operation.

Looks as though Mixbus offers very extensive list of MIDI parameters and etc. over other DAW's. Ironic that it has the built in ability to be so much better than other DAW's in this regard but due to lack of a more intuitive implementation for the user it's not likely to be used.

Composers, Songwriters and Arrangers or either any combination of those are most likely to use VST instruments and leverage MIDI as opposed to those simply recording audio. So the audience is there but the UI is lacking.

Thanks for the tip
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase