Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C bus vs 32 bus
Hi all

I bought a license for 32C bus from Plugin Boutique last year but have not made great use of it. In the mean time SSL and Harrison have merged and I am now revisiting this plugin. Having done so I notice that it does not appear on the new SSL / Harrison web sites but instead a very similarly named 32 Bus is there instead. My 32C bus is V1.0 and 32 Bus is at 2.0. 

Does anyone know whether 32 bus and 32C bus are the same plugin (if named slightly differently) or if there are any improvements in 32 Bus? If so is there an upgrade path or a way to move my non-iLok 32C Bus license to one which would work with 32 Bus?

I have done some searching online and there seems to be very little information about the status of 32C bus (although you can still purhase it on Plugin Boutique). All rather confusing!

Thanks
(12-28-2023, 05:28 PM)unholyeyebrows Wrote: Hi all

I bought a license for 32C bus from Plugin Boutique last year but have not made great use of it. In the mean time SSL and Harrison have merged and I am now revisiting this plugin. Having done so I notice that it does not appear on the new SSL / Harrison web sites but instead a very similarly named 32 Bus is there instead. My 32C bus is V1.0 and 32 Bus is at 2.0. 

Does anyone know whether 32 bus and 32C bus are the same plugin (if named slightly differently) or if there are any improvements in 32 Bus? If so is there an upgrade path or a way to move my non-iLok 32C Bus license to one which would work with 32 Bus?
Hi and welcome to the Mixbus Forum...
32C Bus and the newer 32 Bus are basically the same plugin. The newer plugins have name variations to help distinguish between versions.
The major differences are that the newer releases are ARM (macOS M1/M2) compatible, there have been some Filter changes (where applicable) and there are some colour scheme differences.
Post SSL merger all the 32, AVA and MPC range now use iLok for authorisation.
Note that the older text based version will still run. Both the text based version and iLok versions can run on the same machine, loading the new does not overwrite the old.
You do not have to upgrade to the latest but you can at no charge.
As you purchased through a third party vendor, you will need to contact plugin support for manual assistance in migrating to iLok should you want to.
email: plugins@harrisonconsoles.com

(12-28-2023, 05:28 PM)unholyeyebrows Wrote: I have done some searching online and there seems to be very little information about the status of 32C bus (although you can still purhase it on Plugin Boutique). All rather confusing!

Thanks
More details here https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-11598.html
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Many thanks Dingo - I must have just missed the original comms on this migration option. I have emailed support now and will post back the results. From their auto reply it looks like they'll be back in next week after the Christmas break.

Thanks again
Nick
Just to confirm I had some pleasant exchanges with Lee at SSL today and this was all sorted as per Dingo’s instructions. Thanks again.