Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Migration to iLok
Updated November 3rd 2023

As Harrison and SSL are now part of the same company - Audiotonix - the AVA, MPC and 32C range of plugins are migrating to iLok replacing the text file based system for authorisation.

A few answers to FAQ's
  • Note - The Migration process and new website is still underway so the procedures here may change over time.
  • Note - iLok does not apply to Linux users who will stay on the text based system.
  • Note - Your older text based plugins will not be overwritten if you add an updated iLok version.
    The iLok plugins are effectively a new plugin, names have been changed so they can reside along with older versions.  Keep your installers and text based licenses on hand so you can resolve older mixes.
  • No you do not have to re-purchase your plugins, the current versions you have will still work with the text based authorisation.
  • No you do not have to re-purchase your plugin, there is a free upgrade path to ilok for those who want.
  • Yes if you want to upgrade to the newer release you will need to migrate your text license to an iLok version.
  • Yes if you do not own a plugin but want to purchase it will now require an iLok license. (Does not apply to Linux)
  • Note - Harrison plugins come with two iLok authorisations, Computer and iLok USB. Cloud is not currently supported.
  • Update - The Harrison store is up and running, you'll need to make a new login using the SAME email that you used for your prior purchases, so the system recognizes you. If you need help with your email(s) please use the 'Support->Submit a Request" feature in the website. More details here
  • Note - The upgrade path can only be done 1 plugin at a time and you need to know what email address was used when originally purchased.

How to Migrate

The Harrison Store is up and running, so you need to create an account using the same email address you purchased your AVA plugins with.
Once logged in with the correct email address, select the single plugin you want to migrate and put it in your cart. When you check out via the cart you will see a credit applied (if you have the correct email address), you can then go through the rest of the purchase and an authorisation will appear in your iLok account.

If you want to use iLok authorisation or upgrade to the newer versions,  check out this SSL article that outlines how to redeem your iLok authorisation. You will need to have the email address that was used to purchase your Harrison plugins.

How to find out what licenses you currently own

Create / Log into your Harrison Account https://www.harrisonaudio.com (Account top RHS above Search)
Click on the Order History tab
This will show you any items you have purchased since setting up your account.
To view your prior account history, (text file versions) click on the Account history portal link.
This will take you to a new page where you can enter your email address/es, and the portal will immediately respond with your software licenses, and upgrade options.

Downloads

Downloads for iLok versioned plugins are available from the Harrison Store
Note Mac and Win will require use of the SSL Download manager - Linux are a direct link.

However found on the SSL site here is a direct link to downloads (that includes Linux which still use the text based authorisation NOT iLok) this link does not require SSL manager to be installed.

I have put this as a Sticky in the AVA Plugin Support page because iLok does not apply to Mixbus nor the X-range of plugins.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
I am still unable to upgrade to the iLok version of the Spectral Compressor.  I have followed the steps, and the price remains the same.  I had received an 'Oops, we made a mistake' email from Harrison on October 24th that there was a technical glitch and they will notify me when it has been resolved.  I have received no notification of resolution.

Any info ?
(10-31-2023, 06:13 PM)BSchmitty Wrote: I am still unable to upgrade to the iLok version of the Spectral Compressor.  I have followed the steps, and the price remains the same. 

Note that at the moment only plugins that are in the SSL Store can be migrated - Spectral Compressor is not there yet.
It is available for purchase on the Harrison site, but not yet for migration.

(10-31-2023, 06:13 PM)BSchmitty Wrote: I had received an 'Oops, we made a mistake' email from Harrison on October 24th that there was a technical glitch and they will notify me when it has been resolved.  I have received no notification of resolution.

Any info ?
Almost everyone from the factory has been at the AES show in New York for the past week.
Most are back and getting on top of correspondence now.

PS can you remove the image tag you have posted - you need to link to images or add as an attachment.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(10-31-2023, 06:20 PM)Dingo Wrote: Note that at the moment only plugins that are in the SSL Store can be migrated - Spectral Compressor is not there yet.
It is available for purchase on the Harrison site, but not yet for migration.

Ok.  That makes sense.  Thank you for the clarification.

(10-31-2023, 06:20 PM)Dingo Wrote: Almost everyone from the factory has been at the AES show in New York for the past week.
Most are back and getting on top of correspondence now.
Ok.

(10-31-2023, 06:20 PM)Dingo Wrote: PS can you remove the image tag you have posted - you need to link to images or add as an attachment.
Removed.
Thanks Dingo!

To get your new version, you need to re-purchase it on our new website. If you are a registered user of the old plugin in Harrison's database, then the new version of that plugin is a free upgrade.

You'll need to make a new login using the SAME email that you used for your prior purchases, so the system recognizes you. If you need help with your email(s) please use the 'Support->Submit a Request" feature in the website.

More details here:
https://support.harrisonaudio.com/hc/en-...grade-here

-Ben
Hi Ben,

I am certain that you mean well, however the link you provide is quite incomplete and not at all precise enough to explain the rats nest that is the multiple plugin stores and well meaning forum advice.

Note also that “forum” advice sticks around, and is searchable, and is almost immediately outdated during this tumbling process of new policies, new domains, new sites, not to mention MULTIPLE web stores that do not have the same items and do not perform the same as one another.  Not to mention that only one can apparently give the iLok keys needed.

Sorry for the unsolicited commentary, but there are obviously plenty of users seeking info, advice coming from several of you, whipped up support articles that don’t tell the whole story, and at least now a growing “support” site that you guys can all point to consistently, so long as the items are useful.

The article says “go to the Harrison E-Store”.  No link.  Clearly the plugin store at harrisonaudio has different products than those at SSL, however the article does not make note or differentiate.  Perhaps “old” is at one store and “not old” is at the other, but no way to know.

A forum article mentions that LIVE is now Fastrack. Fastrack, obviously “new” is on the Harrisonaudio site, however NOT on the SSL site.  Since I can get an iLok upgrade for this “new” item, it’s confusing NOT to see it on the SSL site, and still SEE it on the Harrisonaudio site.

The article mentions “new store” and “e-store” without differentiating either NOR providing any links.  After the sentence that mentions both e-store and new store, the instructions are to “click” Login,  without any mention of which one, or any related links.  Apparently there is now a relationship between making a new login at Harrisonaudio to having an account on the SSL site, with no notice or explanation.  It also appears that reporting an issue at “zendesk” requires another totally different login and password, again with no explanations.

As I’ve said, I’m a Harrison evangelist and sincerely seeking some reason to keep up the habit.  Today’s mix of forum vs support vs new domain vs new logins vs vs multiple versions vs SSL is not at all what your loyal users deserve.

Best Regards, and hopes for improvement.
h
(11-01-2023, 02:27 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Thanks Dingo!

To get your new version, you need to re-purchase it on our new website. If you are a registered user of the old plugin in Harrison's database, then the new version of that plugin is a free upgrade.

You'll need to make a new login using the SAME email that you used for your prior purchases, so the system recognizes you. If you need help with your email(s) please use the 'Support->Submit a Request" feature in the website.

More details here:

-Ben
Haha, I can add the plugin to the cart, but there is no way to go to the cart afterwards...
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
(11-02-2023, 01:20 PM)Caberto Wrote:
(11-02-2023, 11:08 AM)Holger Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 02:27 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Thanks Dingo!

More details here:

-Ben
Haha, I can add the plugin to the cart, but there is no way to go to the cart afterwards...

I found the way to get to the cart but some AVA plugins I own where full price if I want to complete the check out...

1. Click Store, and then navigate to the plugin that you would like to purchase.  You must purchase each plugin separately and with nothing else in the cart.   (use the 'trashcan' button to remove extra items from your cart)
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
If you won't follow the instructions provided to make the upgrades free, good luck to you.
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Legacy EQ and Mastering EQ would not transfer for me.  I got the 0.00 price, but no iLok.