Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Cleaning Up Projects
Been with MB for a number of years now (since version 5) and have never figured this out. MB (version 9 now) keeps a log of everything that’s recorded. Even if you undo or delete a region, or implement the Clean-up Unused Regions/Flush Wastebasket function it still remains as a source file in the editor list, and an interchange file and a peak file in the project folder. This quickly adds to the project’s size. Perhaps I’m not seeing something or not understanding something that is plain to others, but is there a way to keep this from happening or is there a way to easily delete every take/region/file that you’re not actually using in a project? Essentially I’d like to save the project I’m working on (‘save as’) without having all the baggage of a thousand takes being brought along into the new version (Pro Tools I believe has a easy procedure for this). I realize that many people like to keep every single thing that was recorded in a project but I’m asking as someone who doesn’t care about keeping old takes archived. Thanks! 
Are you running the latest: v9.2.172 ?
The remove unused Sources has been restored in this release

https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/threa...l#pid65726
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-19-2023, 04:33 PM)Dingo Wrote: Are you running the latest: v9.2.172 ?

Thanks Dingo!
I’m on 9.2.105

So, if I update, will that solve the problem I’m having? I seemed to have this trouble back when I was on MB version 5, too. I guess I’ll try it and see. Thanks!
(11-19-2023, 06:37 PM)Herstmonceux Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 04:33 PM)Dingo Wrote: Are you running the latest: v9.2.172 ?

Thanks Dingo!
I’m on 9.2.105

So, if I update, will that solve the problem I’m having? I seemed to have this trouble back when I was on MB version 5, too. I guess I’ll try it and see. Thanks!

I have tested this function, if you have imported (copied to your project) or recorded audio into a project (created Sources) you need to firstly delete from the Edit page any regions you have not used in your final edit / mix... beware of hidden tracks.

Note: if you have used just one frame of any Source in a project then the entire source will remain.

To remove un-used Sources go Session / Cleanup and select Cleanup Unused Sources.

The confirmation window will pop up

Select Delete all unused

Confirmation window will pop-up.

You will now notice items have been moved from audiofiles folder and now appear in dead folder.

After a restart / relaunch the dead folder is now empty.

Hope it works for you.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks Dingo!
That works well now. Much appreciated. The only other question I have is I noticed the files do not clear out from the peaks folder. It’s about 330MB total (peaks folder) so not horrible but it is a considerable amount that’s not needed. Is there a way to delete the unnecessary ones?
(11-19-2023, 08:42 PM)Herstmonceux Wrote: Thanks Dingo!
That works well now. Much appreciated. The only other question I have is I noticed the files do not clear out from the peaks folder. It’s about 330MB total (peaks folder) so not horrible but it is a considerable amount that’s not needed. Is there a way to delete the unnecessary ones?

Glad that worked for you...
My understanding is that the peaks files can be trashed - the next time the session is opened they will be re-built.
You might want to test this on an old session ....
(11-21-2023, 12:49 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 08:42 PM)Herstmonceux Wrote: Thanks Dingo!

Glad that worked for you...
My understanding is that the peaks files can be trashed - the next time the session is opened they will be re-built.
You might want to test this on an old session ....

Thanks! Will try that.