Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where is the Mixbus Gate located?
Totally enjoying the sound and realistic mixer emulation of the UI on Mixbus!
Been watching some tutorials to get up to speed when I noted that I didn't see a gate feature in Mixbus v9. I checked the comparison chart via the site and it didn't mention anything about the gate feature being something only available on Mixbus 32C so now I'm wondering how to enable/find it.

Here's a screenshot of 1 channel in my Mixbus 9 UI. I've highlighted the Input, EQ, Sends and Comp areas on the strip

Below is a screenshot taken from a YouTube video showcasing the gate feature in Mixbus 32C. You can see the area I highlighted/circled in green where there is a Gate feature that I'm not seeing in Mixbus 9. Am I missing something? What do I have to do to have the gate available in Mixbus?

I am also noting that the overall UI of the strip looks very different between what I'm seeing and the 32C strip but maybe that's just b/c of the product difference? IDK but reading the comparison article on the site it said aside from the additional Mixbusses and the EQ that these products are identical. So maybe I have to change something in my preferences???

iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
(11-10-2023, 05:03 AM)maestro777 Wrote: Totally enjoying the sound and realistic mixer emulation of the UI on Mixbus!
Been watching some tutorials to get up to speed when I noted that I didn't see a gate feature in Mixbus v9. I checked the comparison chart via the site and it didn't mention anything about the gate feature being something only available on Mixbus 32C so now I'm wondering how to enable/find it.

Here's a screenshot of 1 channel in my Mixbus 9 UI. I've highlighted the Input, EQ, Sends and Comp areas on the strip

Below is a screenshot taken from a YouTube video showcasing the gate feature in Mixbus 32C. You can see the area I highlighted/circled in green where there is a Gate feature that I'm not seeing in Mixbus 9. Am I missing something? What do I have to do to have the gate available in Mixbus?

I am also noting that the overall UI of the strip looks very different between what I'm seeing and the 32C strip but maybe that's just b/c of the product difference? IDK but reading the comparison article on the site it said aside from the additional Mixbusses and the EQ that these products are identical. So maybe I have to change something in my preferences???
Hi, in short there are two versions of Mixbus, and the additional modules are available only on 32c

Mixbus
and 
Mixbus32c

https://mixbus.helpscoutdocs.com/article...mixbus-32c
(11-10-2023, 06:23 AM)dspasic Wrote: Hi, in short there are two versions of Mixbus, and the additional modules are available only on 32c

Mixbus
and 
Mixbus32c

https://mixbus.helpscoutdocs.com/article...mixbus-32c

Thanks for the links dspasic. Those are the links I mentioned in my original post but as I said, there is nothing within that documentation stating the gate as being only available in the 32C version.

I would have expected it would have been stated there, so I suppose the documentation is slightly lacking b/c everything other difference appears to be clearly stated.

Thanks
iMac Pro 27, 3.2GHz 8-Core Intel XEON, 256GB RAM • iMac Pro 27, 3GHz 10-Core XEON, 64GB RAM • Apollo x8p, UAD Satellite Octo • Yamaha XF8 • KORG Oasis • OSX Monterey • OSX Ventura • MixBus 32c • Logic • StudioOne • Cubase
@maestro777 -

Your observation is indeed correct.
The Gate module is currently only available on 32C.
Additionally, the Compressor module (Lev/Comp/Lim) has been updated on 32C and moved from being next to the Fader to a new location above, the Sends area.

Cheers!
Patrick