Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Where is the Mixbus Gate located?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Totally enjoying the sound and realistic mixer emulation of the UI on Mixbus!
Been watching some tutorials to get up to speed when I noted that I didn't see a gate feature in Mixbus v9. I checked the comparison chart via the site and it didn't mention anything about the gate feature being something only available on Mixbus 32C so now I'm wondering how to enable/find it.

Here's a screenshot of 1 channel in my Mixbus 9 UI. I've highlighted the Input, EQ, Sends and Comp areas on the strip

[attachment=3638]

Below is a screenshot taken from a YouTube video showcasing the gate feature in Mixbus 32C. You can see the area I highlighted/circled in green where there is a Gate feature that I'm not seeing in Mixbus 9. Am I missing something? What do I have to do to have the gate available in Mixbus?

I am also noting that the overall UI of the strip looks very different between what I'm seeing and the 32C strip but maybe that's just b/c of the product difference? IDK but reading the comparison article on the site it said aside from the additional Mixbusses and the EQ that these products are identical. So maybe I have to change something in my preferences???

[attachment=3639]
(11-10-2023, 05:03 AM)maestro777 Wrote: [ -> ]Totally enjoying the sound and realistic mixer emulation of the UI on Mixbus!
Been watching some tutorials to get up to speed when I noted that I didn't see a gate feature in Mixbus v9. I checked the comparison chart via the site and it didn't mention anything about the gate feature being something only available on Mixbus 32C so now I'm wondering how to enable/find it.

Here's a screenshot of 1 channel in my Mixbus 9 UI. I've highlighted the Input, EQ, Sends and Comp areas on the strip

Below is a screenshot taken from a YouTube video showcasing the gate feature in Mixbus 32C. You can see the area I highlighted/circled in green where there is a Gate feature that I'm not seeing in Mixbus 9. Am I missing something? What do I have to do to have the gate available in Mixbus?

I am also noting that the overall UI of the strip looks very different between what I'm seeing and the 32C strip but maybe that's just b/c of the product difference? IDK but reading the comparison article on the site it said aside from the additional Mixbusses and the EQ that these products are identical. So maybe I have to change something in my preferences???
Hi, in short there are two versions of Mixbus, and the additional modules are available only on 32c

Mixbus
and 
Mixbus32c

https://mixbus.helpscoutdocs.com/article...mixbus-32c
(11-10-2023, 06:23 AM)dspasic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, in short there are two versions of Mixbus, and the additional modules are available only on 32c

Mixbus
and 
Mixbus32c

https://mixbus.helpscoutdocs.com/article...mixbus-32c

Thanks for the links dspasic. Those are the links I mentioned in my original post but as I said, there is nothing within that documentation stating the gate as being only available in the 32C version.

I would have expected it would have been stated there, so I suppose the documentation is slightly lacking b/c everything other difference appears to be clearly stated.

Thanks
@maestro777 -

Your observation is indeed correct.
The Gate module is currently only available on 32C.
Additionally, the Compressor module (Lev/Comp/Lim) has been updated on 32C and moved from being next to the Fader to a new location above, the Sends area.

Cheers!
Patrick