Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Live now Harrison FasTrack?
(11-08-2023, 01:21 AM)francis cleary Wrote: So if i register my v2 ilock versions, do I need to install these now? or can i just leave that until a future release?

Only asking as I have no need for the mac update (ditched apple in '78) I'm not against ilock but if I don't need to use it it's better, as run on 3 machines (one old unit for remote work) I have many internet disruptions here which causes hassles at times.

Cheers, Francis

My understanding is that the older versions (text based auth) for all users are yours 'forever'... so keep your old installer and text license backed up..
Installing 'newer' versions will not over write your older versions.. they are named differently and will co-exist on your system.
Yes if you 'upgrade' to iLok there is no need to download installers, you can merely 'claim' your upgraded / migrated iLok license and keep it in the draw until you need it.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(11-08-2023, 03:32 AM)Dingo Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 02:53 AM)hodger Wrote: Brief recap here on the original FasTrack topic.

Dingo's point that you can continue to use what you have is partly true so long as you remain willing to run in Rosetta.  This may have been marginally realistic when the M1 was released but not so much now with M2's and M3's.  In one of my ProTools rigs with a truly deep plugin catalog, Harrison is the only remaining straggler.

Dingo also says if you download the updated version you will need to migrate to iLok.  Again partly true in that you will need to, but rather disingenuous that you actually (currently, today) cannot migrate to iLok currently without paying full price.

You DO NOT need to buy your plugins again... the migration to iLok is FREE as in FREE no money. I have migrated most of my AVA plugins without issue ... on one account I have issue with Legacy EQ, but the majority have been moved without issue.

--  I fully agree that you do not need to buy your plugins again.  Specifically I pointed out that currently, today, with regard to instructions in this thread, you CANNOT get it for free, and the servers require you to buy it.  Instructions, advice, pointers, etc are not providing a solution.

(11-08-2023, 02:53 AM)hodger Wrote: To get your "new version" Ben points out that you will need to re-purchase on "our new website" without providing a link.  (Our may mean SSL or Harrison, which are not at all similar today.). While this item exists on Harrison's new site, it cannot successfully be added to a non-existent cart.  The new SSL website has a functioning cart, and can provide the free iLok key, however the FasTrack plugin (topic of this post) is not on the site.  Currently, today, the advice to get new version and free iLok is premature at best, disingenuous in practicality, and perhaps not really seated in reality.  Ben's provided link may in fact become useful and true sometime in the future, it cannot today be used as solution to the concerns of this thread.

When Ben says you need to re-purchase he is saying you need to put the product in your cart, then at checkout you get a credit which makes it a FREE purchase.

There are issues with a css fault that is hiding the cart for 'some' users. I have two accounts, one works without issue, the other 'hides' the cart. I would suggest you wait unless you have a pressing need to migrate

I fully understand the words Ben has posted.  I am pointing out that "OUR NEW WEBSITE" is not really good enough without a link since there are TWO.  One has the plugin and will not provide iLoks for free, the other has successfully (for me at least) been able to issue iLoks but does not have the fasTrack item.  Currently, Today, the advice fails to produce the stated anticipated results. 

CSS may be showing or hiding a link, however I have seen the cart item, and it reveals the added item, and that item only, and FAILS to reduce the price to zero.  There is no css issue in my trials, just a total failure for the server to provide the discount or the iLok, and a team that repeatedly advises the same links and commentary that does not work. 

I was merely summing up reality, and encouraging others to wait - Not because you may not need or want the upgrade at the moment, but because it is broken, and no-one from Harrison is saying so.  No need to continue to saying that the free iLok upgrade for fasTrack can be acquired when it cannot.
Fastrack registrations are lagging behind the others .... you'll likely receive an email tomorrow and the store will have your licenses ready for you, like the other plugins.

Sorry for the mess. We're almost there......

-Ben
(11-08-2023, 06:16 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: Fastrack registrations are lagging behind the others .... you'll likely receive an email tomorrow and the store will have your licenses ready for you, like the other plugins.

Sorry for the mess.  We're almost there......

-Ben

Just a quick update.  Today is the first day I can be logged into the Harrison store and successfully see the cart and logout and account items.  FasTrack remains full price however, so not quite there yet.  Still no FasTrack in the SSL shop, which so far is the only successfully shop (for me) that hands out iLok authorisations.

h
(11-14-2023, 10:01 PM)hodger Wrote:
(11-08-2023, 06:16 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote:  .... you'll likely receive an email tomorrow and the store will have your licenses ready for you...

Just a quick update.  Today is the first day I can be logged into the Harrison store and successfully see the cart and logout and account items.  FasTrack remains full price however, so not quite there yet.  Still no FasTrack in the SSL shop, which so far is the only successfully shop (for me) that hands out iLok authorisations.

Add 7 days, same status on my pursuit of FasTrack.  Also beginning to be doubtful of any progress on 32Channel.  

-h
7 more days.
Still no FasTrack on the SSL store.
Still not giving the upgrade $0 pricing on the H-Store.
The "team at the AES show" excuse has clearly worn off.
The "you'll likely receive an e-mail tomorrow" humor has gone stale also.

But, seems no problem to have the team roll out Black Friday.
-h
...and yes, another 7 days with no change. Still cannot get the no-charge iLok.

guessing 2024 at this point, or maybe when Apple releases the M5UltraMax chip.

h
...surprise, still no changes after 7 more days. So many posts since OCT explaining how to get iLok licenses and new versions. Links, instructions, endless "help" but the sites still do not work.

h
Fairly clear now that the new site and countless posts about upgrading to iLok should have been kept in the can until next year sometime.
Still not working today.
No e-mail yet Ben.
sad

h
I have been in contact with Support and they are aware of this issue.
The best thing to do is email plugins@harrisonconsoles.com and provide a purchase receipt or license string for the plugin and the email address associated with your Harrison account.
They can then organise to have your iLok upgrade credit applied to your account.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5