Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Live now Harrison FasTrack?
So is Live now Harrison FasTrack? and do we now have to buy it? have been using Harrison for many generations since 2 or 3 and i have now had to buy an iLok and the new versions to get them from SSL? no iLok cloud (SSL i guess) which limits what i can use it on (use both mac and windows on one computer, and built a computer, then have 2 newer laptops as backup-travel) and will it be useable with SSL UC8/UF1?
Hi Mainly Sound - welcome to the Mixbus Forum.

(10-29-2023, 02:14 PM)Mainely Sound Wrote: So is Live now Harrison FasTrack? and do we now have to buy it?

Yes Live is now re-released as FasTrack. No you do not have to buy it, you can continue to use your current text based license using the pre iLok .dmg or .exe.

(10-29-2023, 02:14 PM)Mainely Sound Wrote: have been using Harrison for many generations since 2 or 3 and i have now had to buy an iLok and the new versions to get them from SSL? no iLok cloud (SSL i guess) which limits what i can use it on (use both mac and windows on one computer, and built a computer, then have 2 newer laptops as backup-travel) and

Your older text based AVA and 32C plugins will not be overwritten if you add an updated iLok version.
The iLok plugin names have been changed so they can reside along with older versions. They will appear as Harrison Audio.
If you download the updated versions then you will need to migrate your license to iLok.

(10-29-2023, 02:14 PM)Mainely Sound Wrote: will it be useable with SSL UC8/UF1?
I can not answer that question, but with the latest release of Mixbus adding greatly improved UC8/UF1 integration points to there being more interaction between Harrison and SSL developers.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
so how would i go from Live to FasTrack, for example? and i know it is in another post, but can not upgrade without paying? never had harrison on iLok which is so when i go to ssl they are still money since they were never on ilok?
2012 MacBook Pro | 2.7 GHz i7 16GB | OSX 10.15.7/Windows 10 || 2017 HP Spectre | 1.80 GHz 32GB | Windows 10 || 2018 Intel i7 8700k | 128 GB | Windows 10 || 2023 HP Spectre 1.7 GHz 16 GB | Windows 11 || PreSonus  16.4.2 AI/16R | Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 | Wheatstone DMX | SSL Origin | ect
To get your new version, you need to re-purchase it on our new website. If you are a registered user of the old plugin in Harrison's database, then the new version of that plugin is a free upgrade.

You'll need to make a new login using the SAME email that you used for your prior purchases, so the system recognizes you. If you need help with your email(s) please use the 'Support->Submit a Request" feature in the website.

More details here:
https://support.harrisonaudio.com/hc/en-...grade-here

-Ben
i own live, but it will not let me get FasTrack? I did manage to get some of the others (but not all of them came with iloks)
2012 MacBook Pro | 2.7 GHz i7 16GB | OSX 10.15.7/Windows 10 || 2017 HP Spectre | 1.80 GHz 32GB | Windows 10 || 2018 Intel i7 8700k | 128 GB | Windows 10 || 2023 HP Spectre 1.7 GHz 16 GB | Windows 11 || PreSonus  16.4.2 AI/16R | Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 | Wheatstone DMX | SSL Origin | ect
(11-05-2023, 07:58 AM)Mainely Sound Wrote: i own live, but it will not let me get FasTrack? I did manage to get some of the others (but not all of them came with iloks)

the thing is:
transferring old licenses to ilok dongles is still in development phase, and does not work ideal - it will take some time. I haven't still transferred any license from my AVA/32c plugins though..  We need to be patient Smile
when i upgraded legacyEQ, i was able to do some not all, it did not come with an ilok like the rest. or are you referring to the change of live to fastrack?
(11-01-2023, 02:18 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: To get your new version, you need to re-purchase it on our new website. If you are a registered user of the old plugin in Harrison's database, then the new version of that plugin is a free upgrade.

You'll need to make a new login using the SAME email that you used for your prior purchases, so the system recognizes you. If you need help with your email(s) please use the 'Support->Submit a Request" feature in the website.

More details here:
https://support.harrisonaudio.com/hc/en-...grade-here

-Ben

Hi Ben,
Just read the blurb on this link and good to know old versions continue, but do have some questions. 
When future versions of Mixbus/MB32c  (i.e. V10 and beyond) are released will both the v1-AVA and v2- Harrison versions both be avalable, or will we have to upgrade to the new v2 ilock version?
So if i register my v2 ilock versions, do I need to install these now? or can i just leave that until a future release?

Only asking as I have no need for the mac update (ditched apple in '78) I'm not against ilock but if I don't need to use it it's better, as run on 3 machines (one old unit for remote work) I have many internet disruptions here which causes hassles at times.

Cheers, Francis
Brief recap here on the original FasTrack topic.

Dingo's point that you can continue to use what you have is partly true so long as you remain willing to run in Rosetta.  This may have been marginally realistic when the M1 was released but not so much now with M2's and M3's.  In one of my ProTools rigs with a truly deep plugin catalog, Harrison is the only remaining straggler.

Dingo also says if you download the updated version you will need to migrate to iLok.  Again partly true in that you will need to, but rather disingenuous that you actually (currently, today) cannot migrate to iLok currently without paying full price.

To get your "new version" Ben points out that you will need to re-purchase on "our new website" without providing a link.  (Our may mean SSL or Harrison, which are not at all similar today.). While this item exists on Harrison's new site, it cannot successfully be added to a non-existent cart.  The new SSL website has a functioning cart, and can provide the free iLok key, however the FasTrack plugin (topic of this post) is not on the site.  Currently, today, the advice to get new version and free iLok is premature at best, disingenuous in practicality, and perhaps not really seated in reality.  Ben's provided link may in fact become useful and true sometime in the future, it cannot today be used as solution to the concerns of this thread.

The comment from dspasic is rather prophetic - to be patient.  And I may add, actually ignore lots of the nonsense being posted with links to support items an e-stores.  Not happening yet with FasTrack. (or 32Channel - perhaps others.)

Ben's posting of the same link twice, does not give it twice the relevance to this topic.  As for today, just ignore it and wait.  

Hope this helps,
h
(11-08-2023, 02:53 AM)hodger Wrote: Brief recap here on the original FasTrack topic.

Dingo's point that you can continue to use what you have is partly true so long as you remain willing to run in Rosetta.  This may have been marginally realistic when the M1 was released but not so much now with M2's and M3's.  In one of my ProTools rigs with a truly deep plugin catalog, Harrison is the only remaining straggler.

Dingo also says if you download the updated version you will need to migrate to iLok.  Again partly true in that you will need to, but rather disingenuous that you actually (currently, today) cannot migrate to iLok currently without paying full price.

You DO NOT need to buy your plugins again... the migration to iLok is FREE as in FREE no money. I have migrated most of my AVA plugins without issue ... on one account I have issue with Legacy EQ, but the majority have been moved without issue.

(11-08-2023, 02:53 AM)hodger Wrote: To get your "new version" Ben points out that you will need to re-purchase on "our new website" without providing a link.  (Our may mean SSL or Harrison, which are not at all similar today.). While this item exists on Harrison's new site, it cannot successfully be added to a non-existent cart.  The new SSL website has a functioning cart, and can provide the free iLok key, however the FasTrack plugin (topic of this post) is not on the site.  Currently, today, the advice to get new version and free iLok is premature at best, disingenuous in practicality, and perhaps not really seated in reality.  Ben's provided link may in fact become useful and true sometime in the future, it cannot today be used as solution to the concerns of this thread.

When Ben says you need to re-purchase he is saying you need to put the product in your cart, then at checkout you get a credit which makes it a FREE purchase.

There are issues with a css fault that is hiding the cart for 'some' users. I have two accounts, one works without issue, the other 'hides' the cart. I would suggest you wait unless you have a pressing need to migrate
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5