Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite controller for MB32c
The UF8 works well enough.  The only real downer is that the encoders show 0.0-1.0 on the value screen when used, so with EQ you can't see frequency or Q width.  I know you're supposed to 'mix with your ears' but I feel that missing info hurts a bit.

Here's hoping the SSL/Harrison merger will lead to a proprietary UF8/UF1/UC1 protocol that really uses those controllers to their full potential.  Right now most of it isn't even being tickled with the limitations of the current MixBus32C MCU implementation.
I talked with the folks at Sweetwater and they recommended the Aturia Keylab 88 MKII. It was almost a "plug and play" experience. Download some software, select the Mackie protocol, and everything started working! All the transport functions, faders, arming tracks and recording...there are a number of other functions that I haven't started using...I just jumped on the ones that I use all the time (my motivation was to get a decent keyboard that could control Mixbus so I didn't have to sit at the computer, click the mouse on the "play" button to start recording, then run turn to my exisiting keyboard and hope that I was set up in time to be able to record! The Arturia resolved all my problems and came with a TON of really great software which are now my favorite synths! The keyboard has weighted keys but requires a good amount of energy so a fringe benefit is that my fingers are getting stronger!
@Frontface welcome to the Mixbus Forum - glad your 88 MKII has worked so well... thanks for the recommendation
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5