Harrison Mixbus Forum

Full Version: Favorite controller for MB32c
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What are some of your favorite controllers and why do you like them.
I wonder if that is a record 83 views and 0 responses. There has got to be a few daw controller opinions around these here parts!
I use a Korg NanoKontrol 2 with Mackie protocol. Start, stop, mixer faders, solo, mute, pan and cycle is all I can manage -  set marker, markers and rewind, fast forward don't work. Record probably works OK. Having said that, this controller works perfectly in a few other DAW programs… Mac OS Mojave Intel. Favorite? I don't know.. I use this one because of limited space and savings. Korg NanoKontrol Studio was OK working through Bluetooth.. but the cost of batteries is @#$%$#
(07-24-2023, 03:40 AM)Lese Wrote: [ -> ]Korg NanoKontrol Studio was OK working through Bluetooth.. but the cost of batteries is @#$%$#
Agreed batteries are a real PITA nothing beats a bit of copper, but almost every peripheral is now Wireless - very hard to find wired versions....
(07-23-2023, 07:48 PM)Robomusic57 Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if that is a record 83 views and 0 responses. There has got to be a few daw controller opinions around these here parts!

Maybe have a look into this topic: https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/forum-10.html 
There is a lot of information about controllers.
If you then have a specific question it might be easier to answer.
Hey thanks guys. My question never was about specifics. But more about what different folks have found to work for them. I don’t have a controller now but am considering one just unsure what I want to get. If others have had either good or bad experiences with something I would love to hear about it
(07-24-2023, 05:47 AM)Robomusic57 Wrote: [ -> ]If others have had either good or bad experiences with something I would love to hear about it

That was exactly what I was referring to. You can read the experiences with different controllers there. Just read through the different messages.
Faderport 16 as 16 faders is plenty to start with wihtout having to bank too many times in a full session but most of my sessions are 24-40ish tracks. And because it has 16 faders I don't need an extender and tons of cables. Just one USB to the computer and one power supply.
I'm still on Griffins Powermate and so happy with it. Got it together with MB V1.
Icon Qcon Pro X and extender
I love that the pan pots double as the EQ, compressor, trim controls
but V9 hasn't incorporated gate and the ability to page to other parameters last I checked (I haven't updated to the latest version as Im renovating so to speak)
Pages: 1 2