Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C v9 Export Latency Problem
Photo 
Am getting a problem of latency when exporting a track for re-import, even no there is no processing on the track, no plugins the imported track is always shifted by same amount ( at 48k with buffer size 128 track is shifted 630 samples ).

Also get the same delay when recording from one track to a new track. 

Do you have more than one input assigned to the source or destination track, ie:multiple paths ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
No, just 1 input.

I noticed it happening when bouncing recorded tracks so then exported stem to and re-imported, still the same delay.
(05-21-2023, 03:26 AM)redeye Wrote: No, just 1 input.

I noticed it happening when bouncing recorded tracks so then exported stem to and re-imported, still the same delay.

I have noticed this same thing. Even when I was using the Windows version at the beginning of the year before I completely switched to Linux. I don't know why, but that's not how it should work. Makes work unnecessarily difficult. Angry

Even if you record a click on its own track, the same thing happens. Confused
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

There is a Harrison video on youtube about printing stem audio tracks and reimporting and this is mentioned in the comments, the reply from harrison is that is has been fixed. So either it hasn't or the bug has been re-introduced.

I did same test in Ardour 7 and Mixbus 8.2.184 and there is no problem, no latency !

So this must be a mixbus32c problem only ( I don't have previous version of 32C as just upgraded ).

Harrison PLEASE FIX ASAP !
What I am seeing is that import / reimport of tracks using stem export or session export works totally fine.
I can see issues with region based export and have notified the devs about this.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(05-22-2023, 03:09 AM)Dingo Wrote: What I am seeing is that import / reimport of tracks using stem export or session export works totally fine.
I can see issues with region based export and have notified the devs about this.

I have tested by importing a simple sine wave into one single mono track. 

Have checked that no processing is used ( all compressors/gates/eq etc turn off ).

I the export as a stem selecting just that track, selecting the session option for length, and then reload the export. As stated before there is a offset of around 630 samples at 48k ....
I will test at other sample rates to see if same thing happens and see what offset is.

I repeated exactly the same procedure in Mixbus 8 and ardour 7 and no offset.
Can confirm that get the same length delay at 44.1k .....
Just installed the latest release and this problem is still not fixed.

This makes it impossible to share stems files as they are not in sync .... please look not this and fix it !
It cannot be difficult as it does not happen in Ardour and the exported stem is always shifted by the same number of samples ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I recreated same session, just a 10 second sine wave. 

Here are the results with different export options ....

1. Exported with all channel/bus processing off.
2. Exported with channel/bus processing on but not Real time.
3. Exported with channel/bus processing Real time.

So the first part of the export is being cut off !

I only upgraded recently to 32C and have been unable to use it to work on any ongoing projects since then. I have for several years used Mixbus.

I am a software engineer so fully understand the processes of identifying and fixing bugs, this should be a straight forward fix, it did not occur in Mixbus V8, it does not occur in the latest builds of Ardour, and I have not seen it reported in previous versions of Mixbus 32C.

I initially reported it very soon after the initial release of Mixbus 32C V9 and cannot believe it has not been fixed in this new release ! 

I am sure there are many other people who rely on exchange of stem files in their workflow, in my case all my work is in collaboration with other musicians via the internet. 

PLEASE ADDRESS THIS PROBLEM TO MAKE YOUR PRODUCT USABLE!
Angry

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)