Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C v9 Export Latency Problem
Just for me to understand: Is it a (fixed) delay or are there parts cut off- or both?
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com

[attachment=3544 Wrote:Stephan S pid='64285' dateline='1687164418']Just for me to understand: Is it a (fixed) delay or are there parts cut off- or both?

Sorry for delay busy week !

Running same test in Mixbus 8 and Ardour 7 no problems. 

If you look at previous post a good description and attached images.
Basically seems to cut off beginning of exported file, the file still ends in correct place.

Attached image shows 2 initial files, a 1kHZ sine wave and a sweep from 20Hz - 20kHZ.

1st export shows clearly that the beginning of the file is cut off. This is stem export, whole session, non RT.
2nd not so clear as seems with RT mode on a fade in is applied.

The cut off point seems to be same for all sampling frequencies......
@redeye, I see you are starting right at zero.
Does the same thing happen if you start say four bars in ?
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Sorry again for late reply, taking advantage of the sun here in UK and we don't get much !  Cool

So I ran again with the sine wave shifted so does not start at beginning of session.

See attached image ....

1st recording sine wave starts at 1/128th note from beginning
2nd recording sine wave starting at 648 samples from beginning 
3rd recording sine wave starting at 325 samples from beginning.

The problem seems to be at exactly 630 samples when the waveform is truncated and then fades in.
Previous test show that the 630 samples is not project sample rate dependent. 

So I can work around by adding a bar or more count in at beginning of project, means doing to multiple projects and then when I send files to clients they have rest all their projects to match ....

I have temporarily gone back to Mixbus 8 as easier.....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)