Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[ERROR]: AudioClock::sample_duration_from_bbt_string()
I have had V8.1.378 installed since it was released and we record every rehearsal, (22 track live recording)
I never had any issues.

We recently started to lay tracks down for the album but I started having occasional issues when creating
Location Markers, it would sometimes lock up when I was trying to rename them, and I would have to reboot.

Even though I am in the middle of tracking these songs, (just finished the drums and bass)
I decided to updated Mixbus32C from Mixbus32C-8.1.378-Linux-64bit-gcc5 to Mixbus32C-8.2.66-Linux-64bit-gcc5.
I was hoping that this would fix any issues with the markers as I use them a lot during overdubs.
I did not make this decision lightly.

I should also mention that I was unaware of the hot-fixes that came after V8.2.66 but from reading
discussions on this forum maybe that was a blessing as it seems some people had issues with the updates.

Anyways...Of the 7 session files 5 of them report the error:

[ERROR]: AudioClock::sample_duration_from_bbt_string() called with BBT mode but without session!

Seems to be a non-fatal error because the session does not crash.
I am curious if there is a simple fix to restore the proper "_session" value to the session files.
Or...because the errors seem to be non-fatal, simply ignore them?

At the rehearsal space I track with a HP EliteBook 8560w (quad i7) audio interface is an X32 Rack.
At home I edit using a Dell Precision T7610 and a usb Focusrite.

Ubuntu Studio 22.04 on both machines.

For your reference I included the code snippet the error comes from.
Hopefully someone can suggest a fix or confirm that I can ingore the error for now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
samplepos_t
AudioClock::sample_duration_from_bbt_string (timepos_t const & pos, const string& str) const
{
if (_session == 0) {
error << "AudioClock::sample_duration_from_bbt_string() called with BBT mode but without session!" << endmsg;
return 0;
}

Temporal::BBT_Time bbt;

if (sscanf (str.c_str(), BBT_SCANF_FORMAT, &bbt.bars, &bbt.beats, &bbt.ticks) != 3) {
return 0;
}

return TempoMap::use()->bbt_duration_at(pos,bbt).samples();
}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking forward to eventually upgrading to V9,(already downloaded)...but I need to finish this project first.
Cheers.
It seems that emojis were inserted into my post.
That was not me.
Edit the post… Full edit… Post options… Disable smilies
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Thanks.
I guess when posting code you have to be careful about checking that option.
Cheers.
Ok, after some investigation I have discovered that the first session loaded into Mixbus32C will not get a BBT session error.
If you then close that and re-open it or any other session you get the error.

I have tried this with both laptop and desktop, same results on both.
If I need to close and then open another session I will have to quit and then re-start Mixbus32C. Minor annoyance.

Was this a quirk/bug in V8.2.66? if so, was it fixed in later V8 update/fixes?
I need to decide if I need to go further down the rabbit hole and update to the last V8 update or live with this quirk until I finish this project.
I will be going to V9 soon anyways...