Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Calf LV2 plugins stopped working in Mixbus 32C
They're showing up just fine in the Plugin Manager, but when I add any of the Calf plugins to a channel (or load a session that has a Calf plugin in a channel) I get this in the error log:

Code:
2023-04-02T08:46:01 [ERROR]: LV2: Failed to instantiate plugin calf.sourceforge.net/plugins/Pitch

(note that there is the appropriate http in the error code, I just removed it since the forum doesn't let me post links)

I get the same issue in Mixbus 32C v9.0.1 and v7.2.0

This started happening right after a big batch of updates, which included calf (0.90.3-5 -> 0.90.3-6). However, I am still able to use Calf plugins in Audacity without any problems, so I'm thinking there must be a workaround to make them work in Mixbus also?

I'm on ManjaroLinux 22.1.0 Talos and can provide any additional info.
Exactly the same here. After an upgrade in Manjaro all Calf plugins show up but can't be initiated. They work in the rack provided by calf for jack without problem. The plugins are located in /usr/lib/lv2/calf.lv2 . Checking with ldd there is no missing library either. Rescanning for plugins didn't help.

I hope we find a solution soon. Mixbus is started by script on boot here and loads a session that is my default setup for listening to anything and playing along and being ready to record. Calf is doing the equalization to correct my speakers and room.
I've also downgraded to Calf 0.90.3-5, rebooted, and the problem persists.
(04-02-2023, 10:29 AM)nedogled Wrote: I've also downgraded to Calf 0.90.3-5, rebooted, and the problem persists.

Yes that is what I noticed also. Now I have tried it with Ardour 7.3.0 and there everything seems to be ok. I'm running Mixbus32C-8.1.378 maybe I should upgrade if the newer version is based on the newer Ardour?
(04-02-2023, 12:26 PM)jaychris Wrote:
(04-02-2023, 10:29 AM)nedogled Wrote: I've also downgraded to Calf 0.90.3-5, rebooted, and the problem persists.

Yes that is what I noticed also. Now I have tried it with Ardour 7.3.0 and there everything seems to be ok. I'm running Mixbus32C-8.1.378 maybe I should upgrade if the newer version is based on the newer Ardour?

I'm having the same problem with the latest version - Mixbus 32C v9.0.1

Are you sure the older version actually installed ?
Many software packages will only 'update' to roll back you may have to manually delete the newer version before you can actually install the older version.
Not a Linux user, but this is common thing in macOS.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-02-2023, 08:19 PM)Dingo Wrote:

Are you sure the older version actually installed ?
Many software packages will only 'update' to roll back you may have to manually delete the newer version before you can actually install the older version.
Not a Linux user, but this is common thing in macOS.

Yes, I can confirm I'm using the old version.

It was a pretty massive update, so it might be something else that caused the issue. But I'm looking to fix this within Mixbus instead of downgrading packages, since the plugins are still working in other DAWs.
OK I just installed Ardour 7.3.1 and Calf plugins work without a problem, so this is definitely a Mixbus issue. Again, I'm using the latest version Mixbus 32C v9.0.1
(04-02-2023, 09:54 AM)jaychris Wrote: Calf is doing the equalization to correct my speakers and room.

Are you using JACK? I don't use Calf but LSP Parametric EQ for room correction started with the command in Qjackctl "Execute script after Startup" and saved as a Qjackctl patchbay. Saves loading the plugin for each new session. Graph starts like this:

Just need to add the EQ as default out in Mixbus so it will connect when you start it. Maybe you can do the same with Calf EQ.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.

I'm still having this problem and I've written to Harrison support last week but have yet to receive a response.

Where else can I post this issue, in hopes of coming across someone that has found a solution?