Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Calf LV2 plugins stopped working in Mixbus 32C
(04-08-2023, 12:05 PM)nedogled Wrote: I'm still having this problem and I've written to Harrison support last week but have yet to receive a response.

Where else can I post this issue, in hopes of coming across someone that has found a solution?

Yes, that's what I did also. Yet still no answer. I am quite a bit angry now. I was and still am willing to pay for software, I bought every upgrade and a few plugins even though I was already happy with what we got already. Would I be a professional producer, Harrison would have died for me by now. I think that by buying a product you should have acquired the right for technical support. Mixbus is based on Ardour and the plugins work flawlessly there. So I suspect that the issue is only a minor one. But not even answering your customers is showing disrespect.
@jaychris @ nedogled - this month has been particularly busy for Harrison, release of v9, SSL and Harrison joining forces, NAMM and NAB shows plus the release of the 32Ci microphone preamp have all made it a really busy month.
Support does not necessarily respond to every email, the issue has been reported and the devs will be looking into it.
Harrison has a well earned reputation for it's customer support across both the garage band and industry sectors.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(04-16-2023, 06:16 PM)Dingo Wrote: the issue has been reported and the devs will be looking into it.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.
(04-16-2023, 06:16 PM)Dingo Wrote: @jaychris @ nedogled - this month has been particularly busy for Harrison, release of v9, SSL and Harrison joining forces, NAMM and NAB shows plus the release of the 32Ci microphone preamp have all made it a really busy month.
Support does not necessarily respond to every email, the issue has been reported and the devs will be looking into it.
Harrison has a well earned reputation for it's customer support across both the garage band and industry sectors.

Oh, good to hear that. I am rather shure it is only a minor issue, something that changed in the libraries. Let me know if I can help with information about my system. When it works again I promise to upgrade to V9, I really like Mixbus, keep up the good work!
(04-16-2023, 06:16 PM)Dingo Wrote: @jaychris @ nedogled - this month has been particularly busy for Harrison, release of v9, SSL and Harrison joining forces, NAMM and NAB shows plus the release of the 32Ci microphone preamp have all made it a really busy month.

just in case some developer gets the time to look into this, here is the error message that comes from stderr on the console:

lilv_lib_open(): error: Failed to open library /usr/lib/lv2/calf.lv2/calf.so (/usr/lib/libinstpatch-1.0.so.2: undefined symbol: g_string_free_and_steal)
I'm using Calf LV2 plugins on Kubuntu 23.4 and Mixbus32C 9.1.324 without problems. Tried both 30 and 12 band EQ that I normally do not use and there was no problem. Use a lot of other Calf Plugins though. I have installed Calf from the KXstudio repository, not from the Calf web site.

Mixbus Pro 10.0, Kubuntu Linux 64 23.10, Stock Low latency kernel, KXstudio repos, i7-3720QM CPU@2.60GHz, 12 Gb RAM, nvidia GeForce GT 650M/PCIe/SSE2, X.org nouveau driver, Zoom L12 Digital mixer/Audio interface