Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus 32C 8.2.170 does not work (SOLVED)
(03-17-2023, 03:40 PM)pavianaudio Wrote:
(03-06-2023, 02:20 PM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: All I did was copy the vst3 directory to the desktop and restore things to their original location from there.

Only FYI.

Today update to Mixbis 32C 8.2.184 on my linux OS AVlinux 21.3 with same result.
Mixbus doesnt start. After removed folder /usr/lib/vst3 is DAW normaly start.

Hi,
i followed these steps on the /lib/vst3 where i deleted one folder at once. Then restart mixbus32Cv9 and see how it behaves ! Then, for me, it was the AuburnSounds (demo) that was the "guilty". I wanted to see if it was all the contents, within the folder, that are responsible (?). No, it was the "Lens" folder only ! Because this was the only one which has a cross onto the folder icon (in File Manager), then we can't enter onto it (Why? Locked?), and maybe mixbus32Cv9 could not too ! Now Mixbus32Cv9 loads normally and i was impressed by the new stuff, beautiful and effective ! Just some crashes sometimes when storing presets with few plugins (not harrison's pluglins). For another thread ;-)
(03-26-2023, 03:56 AM)JeanNeymar Wrote: No, it was the "Lens" folder only ! Because this was the only one which has a cross onto the folder icon (in File Manager), then we can't enter onto it (Why? Locked?), and maybe mixbus32Cv9 could not too !

Locked folder when viewing as user sounds like a permissions issue.  Did you copy it as root? I have Lens in ~/.lv2/Auburn Sounds Lens.lv2/ and it has my user's permissions and works fine in Mixbus.
Try removing the current one and copy as user to ~/.lv2/ for the lv2 version,  or ~/.vst3 for vst3. You just need to extract the zip file and copy the relevant folder to the relevant location. I didn't install the vst3 version IIRC (was a few months ago). But you should be able to install it to ~/.vst3/ with user permissions. If you want the vst3 make sure to copy the whole "Auburn Sounds Lens.vst3" folder with subdirectories to ~/.vst3, not just the plugin.

Lens is a great plugin! I even bought the full version I was so impressed.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.