Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v8.2.151 update now available!
Our store has been updated with a hotfix for v8.2:   v8.2.151

We encourage all of our v8 users (with a paid license, or an unlicensed demo) to download this important software update.

Due to high download volume, we use the FastSpring download service to provide you with localized, fast downloads of the Mixbus software.  You will be prompted for your email address and area-code so FastSpring can provide you a fast download link.

Mixbus software installer: https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...us-v8-demo

Mixbus32C software installer: https://harrisonconsolesstore.onfastspri...2c-v8-demo

There is no charge for this software update.  If you have a v8 license, then the new software will find your license file without needing any steps to re-authorize it.

Changes since the last release 8.2.66:
  • New feature: Clicking on the Tempo button now allows you to tap-in a tempo using a MIDI input
  • New feature: Added 4 factory guitar presets for 32C EQ, provided by Lonely Rocker
  • Session->Quick Export  "named ranges" list is now sorted by time on the timeline
  • Playhead location and tempo information was not being delivered to VST3 plugins; this has been fixed
  • Plugin Selector dialog did not allow you to sort by the 'Name' column; this has been fixed
  • The 'favorites' list on the mixer window was not remembering a custom order, if you re-ordered the favorites in the list; this has been fixed
  • Grid Lines and Ruler-text was disappearing when a tempo-marker was visible on screen; this has been fixed
  • Quick Export would fail if no session-range was defined;  this has been fixed
  • Preset for the mp3 preset labeled 'normalized -1dBFS' did not have the normalization enabled; this has been fixed
  • Setting Preferences/Appearance/Colors/Transparency/Region Alpha to 100% will  disable new the grid behind regions (which might improve editor drawing performance on some macs).  If you do this, you might also want to enable "Appearance->Editor->General->Add a visual gap" to show some grid lines between tracks.
  • Removed the spurious "Invalid Source Port" error message that was appearing in the Log window
  • The "Set Tempo for Range = 1 bar" function would cause Mixbus to hang; this has been fixed
  • MIDI Tracer window now allows you to attach directly to a MIDI device, instead of requiring first connecting it to a track
  • Fixed an intermittent problem that could cause 'glitches' during mp3 export
  • Fixed a very rare problem where region fades would "snap back" when you tried to change them
  • It was impossible to change the checkbox for a region's 'glue to bars/beats', this has been fixed
  • When copying a region, it was not retaining the time domain ('glued to bbt') or not.  This has been fixed[font="Open Sans", sans-serif] [/font]
  • Fixed a crash related to VST3 Roland Cloud plugins (and potentially other plugins with zero automatable vst3 parameters) when sending Aftertouch and Pitch-Change messages
  • Windows: Restored missing Mixbus and 32C EQ factory presets
  • Windows: Fix 1/4-note indicator in the tempo button, at the top of the editor
  • Windows: fixed a problem when exporting mp3 files if the filename have disallowed characters (like right-quote, left-quote symbols)
As always, feel free to write us (mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com) with your thoughts on this new update!

Best Regards,
-Ben Loftis
Harrison Mixbus product manager
WOO HOO!!!!
Thank you guys!
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
Mixbus32C 8.2.151 has not fixed the slow graphics in Edit window issue.

Setting Region Alpha at 100% does not improve performance, as I reported in beta testing.

This problem makes 8.2 unusable.
Intel | Ventura | www.brownsound.net
@Brownsound: the setting does improve some systems. We are aware that there might be some systems that don't respond to this change.

There is quite a large difference in graphics hardware/driver subsystems, and Mixbus does try to utilize hardware graphics acceleration, so we can't guarantee perfect performance on every system.... even on mac.

However I do have a couple of 'hacks' you can try, if you are comfortable using a command line, and you'd like to write our support email.

-Ben
I sent an email too. No difference in graphics here on M1 Pro since 8.2.66

Would an upgrade to Mac OS Ventura be more a help or rather another challenge?
Mac Pro 5,1 | 6x 3,4Ghz | 48GB | OS X 10.14  | Macbook Pro M1 | 16GB | OS X 14.4 | Metric Halo 2882 3d 
http://www.sounddesign-pro.com
(01-17-2023, 12:33 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Brownsound:  the setting does improve some systems.  We are aware that there might be some systems that don't respond to this change.

There is quite a large difference in graphics hardware/driver subsystems, and Mixbus does try to utilize hardware graphics acceleration, so we can't guarantee perfect performance on every system.... even on mac.

However I do have a couple of 'hacks' you can try, if you are comfortable using a command line, and you'd like to write our support email.

-Ben

which systems does this improve, it still does not work, I already tried the 100 percent alpha setting on the other 8.2 and it did not do anything, if it cant be fixed then it should be removed and be implemented in a different way. this also happens on Ardour 7.2. had to go back to 7.1 to have good performance. this is very unfortunate for me. this may be my last Mixbus/Ardour session moving forward. I hope this can be resolved. I can't use the program like this, it should be fixed.
I hope they can fix this performance issue and not just say every machine is different. 8.1 was solid. and im sure other can agree however I know some older Macs non m1 did have issues with performance since Mixbus is now compiled for newer systems. but I feel its going backwards now, please fix. im still waiting to use 8.2 but cant ignore the editor section. on bigger sessions its very annoying how slow it is to interact zooming in and out etc, not all things are slow but the overall experience just makes Mixbus feel like beta software.
(01-18-2023, 06:20 AM)Skyking11 Wrote: how slow it is to interact zooming in and out etc, not all things are slow but the overall experience just makes Mixbus feel like beta software.

I totally agree. The smooth fast interaction is priority over everything. No one will use unresponsive software.

I do believe Harrison will make it as it should be for all users, maybe this takes some time but it will be done. Otherwise they will lose customers.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
(01-17-2023, 12:33 PM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Brownsound:  the setting does improve some systems.  We are aware that there might be some systems that don't respond to this change.

-Ben

Email sent...
Mixbus 10 Pro 10.0.0
Apple Mac Studio M1 Ventura 13.6.7
PreSonus Quantum 2626
iCON V1-M & 2 Extenders
X-Touch & 2 Extenders
(01-18-2023, 04:41 PM)Andy76 Wrote:
(01-18-2023, 06:20 AM)Skyking11 Wrote: how slow it is to interact zooming in and out etc, not all things are slow but the overall experience just makes Mixbus feel like beta software.

I totally agree. The smooth fast interaction is priority over everything. No one will use unresponsive software.

I do believe Harrison will make it as it should be for all users, maybe this takes some time but it will be done. Otherwise they will lose customers.

Are you using windows or Mac OS, also do you have the m1 series computer. 
This issue also affects ardour 7.2 and they said they tested it on m1 machines but they don’t have this issue, however I don’t know what OS they tested it with, so i hope it’s not a dead end for me, so far it’s some have this issue and some don’t, so this may not be easily resolved. I purchased v8 because of the performance that i was having that I never used to when I had version 5 back on my old Intel iMac. Hopefully they fix it otherwise I will have to use studio one or purchase Logic Pro, apple is very annoying to have because of every time they release a new Mac OS version things fall apart.