Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixbus, Mixbus32C v8.2.151 update now available!
(01-20-2023, 11:08 AM)krans Wrote: I actually downgraded to v8.2.66 again, due to the following strange issue with v8.2.151:
Turning knobs in u-he vst3s automatically sets the knob's value to max, minimum or a default setting.

I've tested some other vst3s, which have worked nicely. Yet u-he plugins are a big part of my workflow. Their vst2 counterparts seem to work ok, but I already have vst3s in all my projects.
This is on Linux (Pop!_OS 22.04).

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Then it'a a no go for me as well. Thanks fore reporting!
MB 32C 9.1.324 / Ubuntu 22.04 LTS - KDE / Kernel 5.14.0 / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core / NVIDIA GP108 Driver 390.147 / Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
(01-22-2023, 11:06 AM)fredslf Wrote: Hi !

Installed 8.2.151 but had to rollback to 8.2.66 too, for an unknown reason some tracks with Surge XT (VST3) in my current session became dead silent (midi ok, but no audio out). Creating a new track with the same plugin was ok. Like if the plugin state could not be restored correctly. Will try again and see if I can reproduce it.

I had the same thing with some stuff from plugin alliance and black rooster : there's a warning telling me that some plugins were not found and replaced by stubs. Some of those "missing" plugins are in fact present in the plugin manager and I can load it properly but of course I lose my settings which is clearly a pain in the ass. What makes me thing it's on Mixbus side is that the same version SPL Hawkeye eg. will pass or fail the validation process without any apparent reason. This seems very inconsistent.
(01-22-2023, 07:06 PM)Dingo Wrote: Seeing the same behaviour with u-he Triple Cheese on macOS - the values do change, just the dials jump around when you modify.

Fab Filter Pro Q2 and 3 both have jumpy controls and when standard 5 band EQ (or other preset) is selected all bands are set to 10Hz Bell, so Frequency and Shape/Type or not being recalled correctly.

Plug Alliance seems OK except the VST3 version overrides no show inline controls preference. Waves seems fine as do AVA and 32C range.

I have all kinds of problems with some PA and Black Rooster plugins (see my post below). I had sent a mail to Ben with a list. Sometimes a plugin will pass the validation process, sometimes it doesn't. Some are marked as non present on my system, but I see them in the plugin manager and can load them properly. Some don't pass the validation process but work with Ableton and / or Reaper.
Same here....unrecognized but present plugins.....present in one version, and missing in the new version.....to have the Waves plugin i have installed, reinstalled, deleted 1000 times!
My Mac Pro 6.1 with 12 core is like a Sloth....no more usable...scrolling is painful and a the metering of session with 50 track is humiliating to watch and use!

What a delirium!

No way!

It forced me to buy another Mac Mini.....just to use this prg!

Very disapointed!
(01-29-2023, 04:37 AM)kmsaudio Wrote: My Mac Pro 6.1 with 12 core is like a Sloth....no more usable...scrolling is painful and a the metering of session with 50 track is humiliating to watch and use!

[..]

I'm also using a Mac Pro 6.1 - 3GHz and 20 cores (10 x 2) and it still runs like lightning if I dual-boot into Windows 10. But with MacOS, if you value performance I've found it's almost never worth updating the OS. I'm still using Mojave here and it's pretty good - though nowhere near as fast as Windows.

Having said that... Windows does run noticeably hotter here. The Mac Pro runs very much cooler when booted into Mojave.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
Also seems to be an issue with Izotope Vocalsynth2 vst3. Works until you touch a control then you lose sound. Causing touched controls jump to 0, jumpy faders etc.
Vst2 works under ealier versions of mixbus.
Win 7-64/Dell Precision Dual Quad 3ghz/20gb-MX v5.3/32C v8.2.170-RME UFX/RME ff800
(01-29-2023, 04:37 AM)kmsaudio Wrote: Same here....unrecognized but present plugins.....present in one version, and missing in the new version.....to have the Waves plugin i have installed, reinstalled, deleted 1000 times!
My Mac Pro 6.1 with 12 core is like a Sloth....no more usable...scrolling is painful and a the metering of session with 50 track is humiliating to watch and use!

What a delirium!

No way!

Very disapointed!

Dingo and Ben, it seems I'm not the only one...
If you open a session that has plugin stubs, and complete a rescan you then need to save and reopen the session.
Yes you can install new instances but the plugin stubs need to be refreshed by saving and reopening the session.
Auto updating of a reactivated stub is on the road map.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
Over on the Windows forum a user called arthie noticed that when MB fails to find a plugin that always used to get found, it can sometimes be cured just by loading some different session and scanning again  Huh
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(01-31-2023, 04:46 AM)Dingo Wrote: If you open a session that has plugin stubs, and complete a rescan you then need to save and reopen the session.
Yes you can install new instances but the plugin stubs need to be refreshed by saving and reopening the session.
Auto updating of a reactivated stub is on the road map.

Which means you lose your settings... Or am I wrong ?

(01-31-2023, 05:44 AM)johne53 Wrote: Over on the Windows forum a user called arthie noticed that when MB fails to find a plugin that always used to get found, it can sometimes be cured just by loading some different session and scanning again  Huh

I've tried different versions (intel and ARM) and the scanning result seems a bit random. I get different results almost each time.