Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IK Multimedia GUI weirdness (SOLVED)
Wondering if anyone else has come across this - MODO Drum's GUI opens so big I can't access the close or resize buttons. Also each time I open an instance of any of IK's tape machine emulations, the GUI opens bigger each time (i.e each time I add an instance of the plugin, the new instance's GUI is bigger than the last!).
If I empty the VST cache the plugins start over - regular size but increasing each time I open them.
I've opened a support ticket with IK because MODO Drum isn't usable at all. The others I can work around...
Just thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas of settings to try? 
(This is on Windows 10 but it happened on Ubuntu Studio as well - and in Ardour on Linux or Windows - other IK Multimedia plugins work fine).
I've tried the various window settings (all windows are dialogues etc.) and changing the scaling in Windows (4k monitor).
(01-17-2023, 06:42 AM)Nameerf Wrote: If I empty the VST cache the plugins start over - regular size but increasing each time I open them.

Probably just a coincidence - but one of my systems has a similar problem (with MS Edge) but it's because I need to use an unusual screen size on that system (2816 x 1584). Is yours one of the standard sizes? The problem goes away here if I switch to a standard resolution.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(01-17-2023, 09:49 AM)johne53 Wrote:
(01-17-2023, 06:42 AM)Nameerf Wrote: If I empty the VST cache the plugins start over - regular size but increasing each time I open them.

Probably just a coincidence - but one of my systems has a similar problem (with MS Edge) but it's because I need to use an unusual screen size on that system (2816 x 1584). Is yours one of the standard sizes? The problem goes away here if I switch to a standard resolution.

My screen is 3840x2160
IK Multimedia support got back to me - if I delete a properties file it fixes the issue so that's all good. I'm just curious why MODO Drum does this but MODO Bass or any other plugin doesn't...
Not a problem any more. Just a curiosity!
So??

how did you solve it?
I have the same problem with several Waves and Fabfilter plugins, they are so big that they cover partly seconday screens, just ridicoulsy big..
Not only that, the Fabfilter Pro-C2 Compressor (an important experimentational Compressor for me) bugs out when changing any of the parameters.

my solution? back to Cubase..
I think this is mostly a Windows issue as I don't see it on my M1 Mac but I do see it on our Windows 11 machine.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
It's ridiculous!

Fabfilter Pro-C2 bugging out, Hofa Analyzer not running, Shepps Omni Channel hanging..

same machine, Cubase 12 ... everything running smoothly and flawless and on much more instances..

maybe Harrison should team up with Steinberg to design an elegant Software, not this Ardour shit... then I'll come back to Harrison.. I'd like it, but hanging, crashing and several issues with plugins just isn't a mature piece of software you can spend money on.
In the case of MODO Drum, IK support told me this -
C > Users > Name > Appdata > Roaming > IK Multimedia > MODO Drums > Delete the Settings file.
This worked for MODO Bass too.
I had some Waves GUI weirdness too (freezing or crashing when trying to move plugin windows) which, in my case, was fixed by going to NVIDIA Control Panel and selecting "Use my preference emphasizing: Performance"
(01-19-2023, 01:23 PM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: I think this is mostly a Windows issue as I don't see it on my M1 Mac but I do see it on our Windows 11 machine.

I did have this same issue with MODO Drum and with IK's tape machines in Mixbus on Ubuntu Studio but I recently switched to Windows and it was still there. All good now though!
(01-19-2023, 07:12 PM)Nameerf Wrote: In the case of MODO Drum, IK support told me this -
C > Users > Name > Appdata > Roaming > IK Multimedia > MODO Drums > Delete the Settings file.
This worked for MODO Bass too.
I had some Waves GUI weirdness too (freezing or crashing when trying to move plugin windows) which, in my case, was fixed by going to NVIDIA Control Panel and selecting "Use my preference emphasizing: Performance"

Thx for trying to help..
but not only don't I find any settings file, nor do I want to mess around in C / users / appdata / roaming etc... to get a f*** piece of software to work properly...
I just fire up Cubase and forget about this Mixbus full of annoying bugs and just might come back at version 12 or so... when it maybe got mature.
Coming late to this thread and a non Win background - I just would like to clarify ..

(01-19-2023, 08:36 AM)JanS Wrote: I have the same problem with several Waves and Fabfilter plugins, they are so big that they cover partly seconday screens, just ridicoulsy big..

You are running multi screens... are they all the same resolution ?
On one of my macOS systems having multi screens with big resolution differences screws up UI sizes for a number of programmes - not just Mixbus.

I know you can lead a horse to water but ... Nameerf has given very good and easy to do advice.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5