Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IK Multimedia GUI weirdness (SOLVED)
(01-19-2023, 09:04 PM)Dingo Wrote: Coming late to this thread and a non Win background - I just would like to clarify ..

(01-19-2023, 08:36 AM)JanS Wrote: I have the same problem with several Waves and Fabfilter plugins, they are so big that they cover partly seconday screens, just ridicoulsy big..

You are running multi screens... are they all the same resolution ?
On one of my macOS systems having multi screens with big resolution differences screws up UI sizes for a number of programmes - not just Mixbus.

I know you can lead a horse to water but ... Nameerf  has given very good and easy to do advice.

I have a laptop with its proper screen plus two aditional equal screens with same resolution, one via VCA, the other via HDMI ...
anyway... on mixbus32c 8 the Fabfilter Compressor plugins buggs totaly out as soon as I change any of its parameters... on mixbus32 7 the same plugin seems to run okay if I don't touch the 8 demo of mixbus... and yes, it likes to change size in 7 and mixbus 7 eventually crashes.

Another annoying issue is that the HOFA Analyzer doesn't work on mixbus - as a former HOFA student, this analyzer followed me through all my studies and I won't change to SPAN just because of mixbus!!

and yes, I need some plugins to experiment around with, maybe later in projects I'll knock them down and recreate their settings just in the DAW like mixbus.

If mixbus hadn't these flaws it would be my main DAW - i like its workflow and feel - but it simply isn't reliable. Every then and now it freezes or crashes etc... Cubase never does this, all plugins run stable and it runs forever..

it's a pitty!
It seems I spoke too soon! The previously posted fix doesn't work anymore! The GUIs for MODO Drum and Bass are bigger than the screen again!
I downloaded the demo of Studio One 6 and they work fine there (Mixbus and Ardour were previously my only DAWs).
I don't want to just complain about Mixbus - but just posting this in case someone tries the previous fix and it doesn't work for them... I'll update if I get it working (still talking to IK Support!)
(01-17-2023, 09:17 PM)Nameerf Wrote: My screen is 3840x2160
IK Multimedia support got back to me - if I delete a properties file it fixes the issue so that's all good. I'm just curious why MODO Drum does this but MODO Bass or any other plugin doesn't...

Over the past few days I've been testing a different IK plugin (their Amplitude 5). So while I've got their installer here I figured I'd try MODO Drums. And like you, I've got a 4K screen - but whilst I've not yet seen MODO Drums take up the whole screen, even at its original size it's near enough 25% !!

I noticed that the installer offers different versions (VST2 / VST3 etc) so might it be worthwhile for you to try one of the alternative formats?
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!