Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random surprises
We might be talking about different crashes - I'm referring to the crash when you try to deactivate a plugin.

(11-09-2022, 09:19 AM)Tassy Wrote: another just random
rather often comes up
it appeared now when tried to deactivate a plug, by the green spot
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I see, last case was with Voxengo GlissEQ another I can racall was PulseTec EQ.
It might be that the crash comes up by some other unknown reason, only at the "same" time when the plug is being deactivated.
Or there was another job going on not fully finished in the background when I hit the led and it confused the process just still going on.

Fortunately when reopening, either sending a message "recover from crash" or not, there has been not been any loss in the sessions.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(11-10-2022, 08:32 AM)Tassy Wrote: I see, last case was with Voxengo GlissEQ another I can racall was PulseTec EQ.

Do you know if those plugins are VST3? Or the older format? I'm not seeing that particular crash here but generally speaking, I'm finding that regular VST's crash a lot more in V8 - but VST3's don't seem to be affected.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
I have a million vst2 and only 2 vst3. They were vst 2. Cannot see any advadtage of the vst3, I consider them just some marketing trick to fulfill the needs of a great bunch of those who suffer from "I want the latest of everything right now!" simpthom.
Win7/64, Mixbus32C, Mixbus2.5 the QueenSmile UR22, Dynaudio BM5A MKII, Pc all SSD,
(11-10-2022, 11:19 AM)Tassy Wrote: Cannot see any advadtage of the vst3, I consider them just some marketing trick to fulfill the needs of a great bunch of those who suffer from "I want the latest of everything right now!" simpthom.

Not a marketing trick - https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/vst-2-...es-you-do/

No new VST2 SDK licences since 2018 - https://www.gearnews.com/steinberg-ends-...-ins-safe/

VST2 plugins won't stop working. There just won't be many new ones.
Mixbus 32C, Debian Bookworm/KDE, EVE SC205 + ADAM Sub 8 monitors, Soundcraft Compact 4, M-Audio 2496, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, WD Blue SSD 1TB, 48" LG OLED, other stuff.
Work as house engineer at a popular venue in Melbourne AU. On a quest for the holy grail, the perfect amount of cowbell.