Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't drag and drop
Hey,

First post...

I'm a regular reaper user but tried Mixbus 7 a while ago. I had an issue with it that I kind of forgot about until today when i bought MB32C, I can't drag and drop inside the application. If I drag a MIDI clip onto the window where it sais "Drop a clip here" it just bounces back. Same when I try to rearrange the order of the channel strips in the mix window.

I can move recorded audio tracks just fine, but drag and drop doesn't work. I feel kinda dumb...
I have a youtube video of the issue but am not allowed to post videos or urls.
Hi Cerb, welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
Just to be clear, you can drop and drag audio and MIDI onto the Edit page into the empty space below the Master bus. I have just tested in v8 and have no issues doing so.
I would however advise using the Import tool for MIDI as it gives options of tempo import etc.
The reason you cannot post links or videos is because you require 5 posts before those tools become available to you.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(06-21-2022, 05:59 PM)Dingo Wrote: Hi Cerb, welcome to the Mixbus Forum.
Just to be clear, you can drop and drag audio and MIDI onto the Edit page into the empty space below the Master bus. I have just tested in v8 and have no issues doing so.
I would however advise using the Import tool for MIDI as it gives options of tempo import etc.
The reason you cannot post links or videos is because you require 5 posts before those tools become available to you.

Thank you Smile

No, I can't drag and drop audio (haven't tried with midi) inte the Edit window either. I've tried with mp3 as well as wav. I get the little "+" symbol but when I release the file it just disappears.
I can however drag a recording onto a different track. That works...
This would be no 5...
And the video  Big Grin

Cerb,
Please look at the manual, moving tracks in Mixbus is explained here... https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ing-tracks
As to drop and drag, I have just tested it using the current v8 release and have no issues. Do you have enough disc space in your project drive and/or the relevant permissions ?

Perhaps try the Import tool instead just to check your system setup... https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ting-files
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(06-21-2022, 06:13 PM)Dingo Wrote: Cerb,
Please look at the manual, moving tracks in Mixbus is explained here... https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ing-tracks
As to drop and drag, I have just tested it using the current v8 release and have no issues. Do you have enough disc space in your project drive and/or the relevant permissions ?

Perhaps try the Import tool instead just to check your system setup... https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ting-files

Thanks for the links.

I can rearrange and move tracks just fine, but I can not change the order of the channel strips. I'm supposed to be able to put EQ and comp after fader, right? Importing MIDI and audio files works great, just not using drag and drop. Importing is fine but it gets difficult when I want to drag some of the bundled content in the Cue window.
Cerb, thanks for posting your video... I see what you are talking about. Can you record audio into your project ?
The fact that you cannot drag the order of fader.eq/dyn on the Mixbus is strange. Is there anyway your project could be write protected ?
Perhaps try creating a fresh session ensuring you have good disc space etc. If you still have no luck, I would contact support: mixbus@harrisonconsoles.com and include the .ardour session file as a zip so the factory can have a look.

Update after last post... I would suggest trying a fresh project and if you are still having issues, email Harrison.