Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't drag and drop
Thanks, I'll e-mail support. I have plenty of disk space, I've tried creating new projects, I've uninstalled Mixbus, manually removed anything Mixbus related I could find in Windows registry and reinstalled again. Same thing... I'm out of ideas. Short of mailing support that is Big Grin
Just check what version of MBv8 you are running....there was an issue with a hot fix... 8.0.17 is the current release for use. If you dont have this version, go to the Harrison site and download a new demo.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
@Cerb - regarding the Cues page drag & drop, are you definitely using left-click + drag? I just tried right-click + drag here and that gave me the same result as in your video.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit...
Wisdom is knowing you don't put tomatoes in a fruit salad !!
(06-22-2022, 06:41 AM)johne53 Wrote: @Cerb - regarding the Cues page drag & drop, are you definitely using left-click + drag? I just tried right-click + drag here and that gave me the same result as in your video.

Yeah, I've tried left click and drag, right click and drag, middle moyse cklick and drag. Plus all combinations of crtl, shift, alt and drag.
I guess you could try launching MB32C from a Windows Command Line - just in case it prints anything out when the problem occurs. Very much a long shot but probably worth trying...
@Cerb:

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble! this is not normal operation.

Can you tell us exactly what your computer/mouse/keyboard/monitor setup is?

The fact that you can't even drag&drop the order of the fader suggests that is not a permissions issue. There's a small chance that your mouse is mis-configured and is sending the wrong mouse-message for the buttons. Or similarly maybe your keyboard setup has a stuck key.

I've had some 'stuck key' experiences in the distant past when I was using a KVM setup. But in that case you'd be seeing odd behavior in all your apps, not just Mixbus.

Otherwise I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to 'drag&drop' items from within the Mixbus application.

-Ben
(06-22-2022, 10:04 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: @Cerb:

Can you tell us exactly what your computer/mouse/keyboard/monitor setup is?

The fact that you can't even drag&drop the order of the fader suggests that is not a permissions issue.  There's a small chance that your mouse is mis-configured and is sending the wrong mouse-message for the buttons.  Or similarly maybe your keyboard setup has a stuck key.

I've had some 'stuck key' experiences in the distant past when I was using a KVM setup.  But in that case you'd be seeing odd behavior in all your apps, not just Mixbus.

Otherwise I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't be able to 'drag&drop' items from within the Mixbus application.

-Ben
Hey, 

Mechanical USB keyboard and USB gaming mouse both connected directly to a gaming PC running Windows 11. The monitor is connected via HDMI. 

There are no stuck keys and drag and drop works in all other applications. 

I have a suspucion that the demo version of MB7 I tried is causing the issue. It's been uninstalled, but it's appaernt that there are config files left behind somewhere.
@cerb, you might want to try deleting your preferences and get back to ‘factory’ basics,
Just bear in mind any color or keyboard mods made will be lost and you will need to rescan for plugins...
The preferences folder location varies with each OS, but it is always found inside the HOME (“~”) folder:

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Preferences/Mixbus8
Windows: ~/AppData/Local/Mixbus8
Linux: ~/.config/mixbus8

Trash mixbus8 folder and relaunch the app. If it asks if you want to build from mixbus 7 prefs say no, then follow the prompts... hope you get up and dragging soon

More detail here...
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ser-topics
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(06-22-2022, 02:32 PM)Dingo Wrote: @cerb, you might want to try deleting your preferences and get back to ‘factory’ basics,
Just bear in mind any color or keyboard mods made will be lost and you will need to rescan for plugins...
The preferences folder location varies with each OS, but it is always found inside the HOME (“~”) folder:

Mac OS X: ~/Library/Preferences/Mixbus8
Windows: ~/AppData/Local/Mixbus8
Linux: ~/.config/mixbus8

Trash mixbus8 folder and relaunch the app. If it asks if you want to build from mixbus 7 prefs say no, then follow the prompts... hope you get up and dragging soon

More detail here...
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...ser-topics
Thanks! It didn't work, but things just got more weird. While trying the above I also poked around in every config file I coyld find while having MB open in the background. I didn't find anything obviously related to mouse configuration, but when I tried dragging and dropping after I was done poking it worked. It even worked after restarting MB, but whatever the fix was didn't survive a reboot of the computer. I tried to recreate what I did, but no luck. I also tried three different mice and I tried disabling the mouse drivers for the gaming mouse.

I have no idea what suddenly made it work. It could have been my poking, although I find that unlikely as I never changed anything. It could have been some Windows service starting or stopping. Or something else. I'll try installing MB on my son's computer and see how it behaves there.
This isn't quite the same but I once had a problem where the 'drag' bit of drag and drop was dragging the wrong object. And it turned out to be a problem with my USB port. Simply swapping my mouse to use a different port solved it!!

But if that doesn't work...

(06-23-2022, 03:37 AM)Cerb Wrote: I'll try installing MB on my son's computer and see how it behaves there.

And do pease let us know what happens on the other computer (it's definitely a strange one...)