Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's nice about Mixbus
Helpful developers who do listen to their community.

Ability to increase the size of the interface.

Thin green meters on fader strips. For some reason, I can't stand thicker Db meters in other DAWs, they make zero sense and irritate eyesight.

Big Solo and Mute buttons.

Big fader caps. The speed of the fader movement seems spot on.

Basically, anything mixer-related was given so much love in comparison to other DAWs.

-------

Not a fan of three-knob EQ on busses and Master. Would prefer full EQ.
Thin Eq/Sends buttons suck. Too hard to hit them. Must be rectangular as Solo/Mute.
The compressor section on the Master calls for a dedicated VCA bus compressor.
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Mixbus 32C 7.1.92
I'm a new Mixbus convert from Logic Prox.    I like Mixbus..  

WHy?

1. the Mixbus with tape giving me some mojo

2.  Awesome for mixing audio - I use RENOISE to produce and arrange then mix in Mixbus
3. Nice EQ's, compression, limiter.  - this means I don't have to plug in a plug in on every track.  
4. 8 busses - that's all i need
5. the sound - very good for me who is not an educated trained engineer as I'm youtube/internet educated lol
6. the support - very warm and nice ppl at Harrison
I know other DAWs well. Too well. So much that I can't stop myself from "perfecting the mix." There's always something more I can do, and the ease of infinite possibility starts out fun but by the end of a mix --- it sometimes (often) feels like work. I get trapped in an endless state of perfectionism where the production becomes more important than the song itself.

Mixbus is a chance to embrace a simplified workflow. I'm sure it's just as possible to make Mixbus 32C complicated, but it's not obligatory. I could get good results in Mixbus just using the tracks, busses, master bus, and a reverb and delay.

The surfaced controls of EQ, compression, and tape saturation everywhere brings the fun back to mixing compared to dealing with dozens upon dozens (and sometimes over 100) plugins.

I also had an interaction with the support staff where their response to my issue made me a fan forever.

Ultimately whatever limitations Mixbus 32C has -- I find appealing. Some of us need those limitations to save us from ourselves.