Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's nice about Mixbus
Grateful for the following random Mixbus things today:
1. Sequence Regions (editing dialog when ripple isn't right)
2. per-track Leveler (dialog with multiple people)
3. per-track filters 
4. XT-CC especially how easy the side chain is
5. Audio & Midi routing grids
6. Mixbus 9-12 extra functionality so they work smoothly as auxes
7. Export tool in general (am I the only one who wants the ability to move "revision" to after "range name" sometimes?)
8. Record with varispeed
9. Optimise Polarity
10. Pre / post moveable sends and processing.
11. Tape saturation on Busses and Master
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
12. Moving automation when moving audio files.
13. Trim button (before Mixbus I never felt the need for one. After a few years in MB32C I use it ALL the time).
14. General workflow where so much of the good stuff is handled easily in the default strips, not through plugins.
15. K-14 meter on the master strip.
16. Post-export analysis window. <3
I wouldn't want to live without the compressor slider on the channels (though I do miss the sidechain on the busses). It's easy to set the threshold against the levels right beside it, it's great for parallel compression on an aux bus. The meters are precise and clear to read, compared with, say, Ableton.
Plugin functions, actually, are much better than other DAWs I occasionally use (though it would be nice to drag and drop from the list as well as between tracks). The scanner and search are quick and organized, loading is pretty quick and consistent.
Import/export is very smooth. Monitoring section is a dream. Routing is frequently a challenge, but the options there are flexible and powerful. The mixbusses themselves are incredibly convenient, especially the sends.
There's always some frustration with any DAW, but Mixbus is the easiest to navigate of any I've tried. The menus are clear and simple, it's really uncluttered.
(04-26-2022, 03:53 AM)amanamission Wrote: Plugin functions, actually, are much better than other DAWs I occasionally use (though it would be nice to drag and drop from the list as well as between tracks).

Maybe I misunderstood you, but you know that you can in fact drag and drop plugins between tracks, right?
Just drag them. And drop them in some other track.

Also, I recommend filling the mixer list (you know, the one on the left in the mixer window (Shift+L)) with favourite plugins. Then you don't even need the plugin selector very often, you can just drag and drop them directly.

This is probably old news. But in case it isn't, it can make your mixing life even better.
(04-26-2022, 04:29 AM)krans Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 03:53 AM)amanamission Wrote: Plugin functions, actually, are much better than other DAWs I occasionally use (though it would be nice to drag and drop from the list as well as between tracks).

Maybe I misunderstood you, but you know that you can in fact drag and drop plugins between tracks, right?

Also, I recommend filling the mixer list (you know, the one on the left in the mixer window (Shift+L)) with favourite plugins. Then you don't even need the plugin selector very often, you can just drag and drop them directly.

This is probably old news. But in case it isn't, it can make your mixing life even better.

You can even drag & drop the EQ and compressor from one channel to another to copy the settings. I'm using this with the EQ for frequency carving.
The favourites list can also hold plugin presets.

Just to be complete Smile

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(04-26-2022, 06:10 AM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 04:29 AM)krans Wrote:

You can even drag & drop the EQ and compressor from one channel to another to copy the settings. I'm using this with the EQ for frequency carving.
The favourites list can also hold plugin presets.

Just to be complete Smile

MMM
Actually, I did realize that you could drop between tracks, that was the thrust of the comment, but it is only just now that I realized you actually could do it from the plugin selector as well. I just tried it, for some reason thought it didn't work that way, but there it is. Look at that, a feature request satisfied on the spot, without even needing to download an update!

Another thing that makes Mixbus great.
(04-26-2022, 07:24 AM)amanamission Wrote: it is only just now that I realized you actually could do it from the plugin selector as well.

I had no idea!
You can just open one instance of the plugin selector, and drag plugins out to any track.
Lovely, thanks for discovering!

Big Grin
(04-26-2022, 07:39 AM)krans Wrote:
(04-26-2022, 07:24 AM)amanamission Wrote: it is only just now that I realized you actually could do it from the plugin selector as well.

I had no idea!
You can just open one instance of the plugin selector, and drag plugins out to any track.
Lovely, thanks for discovering!

Big Grin

video coming soon Smile
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(04-26-2022, 10:19 AM)Nathan@Harrison Wrote: video coming soon Smile

Your videos are great!
I often think "oh well, I know how to do THAT" when seeing there's a new one. Then I watch it and learn stuff along the road anyway. Big Grin
Always full of handy details.
Thanks for making them!