Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miditrack doesn't sound through VST instrument -plays on default GeneralMIDISynth
Just started using Mixbus so bear with a beginner.

Have several MIDI tracks.
They play fine with the default General MIDI Synth

I want to assign virtual instruments to each.
This far started with a single track and assigned the  setBfree DSP ToneWheel Organ
(but I tried several other virtual instruments too)
I added it as a plugin to the channel in the Mixer
[Image: mix.jpg]
The routing looks like this:
[Image: config.jpg]

But I do not hear any sound!!!

If I enable the virtual keyboard, I CAN play sounds on the virtual instruments
[Image: KBD.jpg]

The channel VU meter doesn't move so I assume that somehow, the virtual instrument doesn't receive the midi from this track.
Absolutely no sound at all.

What am I doing wrong????

Additionally: I noticed that if I expand the channel I get a pull down menu that default says "Plugin Provided" but also offer a HUGE list of instruments -But not the instruments I can see int eh plugin manager
-What is this about?
[Image: plugprovided.jpg]

Please help an ambitious beginner to get past this "12inch above the keyboard error"

Regards

Per
(03-09-2022, 04:00 AM)viklundper Wrote: Just started using Mixbus so bear with a beginner.

Have several MIDI tracks.
They play fine with the default General MIDI Synth

I want to assign virtual instruments to each.
This far started with a single track and assigned the  setBfree DSP ToneWheel Organ
(but I tried several other virtual instruments too)
I added it as a plugin to the channel in the Mixer
[Image: mix.jpg]
The routing looks like this:
[Image: config.jpg]

But I do not hear any sound!!!

If I enable the virtual keyboard, I CAN play sounds on the virtual instruments
[Image: KBD.jpg]

The channel VU meter doesn't move so I assume that somehow, the virtual instrument doesn't receive the midi from this track.
Absolutely no sound at all.

What am I doing wrong????

Additionally: I noticed that if I expand the channel I get a pull down menu that default says "Plugin Provided" but also offer a HUGE list of instruments -But not the instruments I can see int eh plugin manager
-What is this about?
[Image: plugprovided.jpg]

Please help an ambitious beginner to get past this "12inch above the keyboard error"

Regards

Per

Hi Per,

welcome to Mixbus and the forum. 
When you play back, have you tried to click "Disk" on top for input? Still no sound? Are the notes in the piano roll within the range of the instrument? Have you recorded something when you played the screen keyboard and tried to playback that recording? I couldn't see a MIDI region (last pic, right of the vertical keyboard) - do you have anything in there at all?
As always, the manual helps a lot, too:
https://forum.harrisonconsoles.com/thread-1329.html
https://rsrc.harrisonconsoles.com/mixbus...using-midi

MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
Hi MMM and thanks for your help -MUCH appreciated!

I did have all those things under control
BUT, it turns out that there seems to be something wrong with the plugins I used.

Now I have been able to get other plugins to work by just dropping them into the mixer channel so there's clearly something wrong with the few other plugins I tried.

You asked if ALL notes were in the range for the instrument;

-Does that mean that if there is a single note somewhere out of range, everything will be silent?
or should it still play everything that is in range?

/Per