Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C Bus plugin
Apparently, almost all the goodies of the Mixbus 32c are now available in all DAW environments. Is Mixbus DAW still under development, or is this the beginning of the end? Huh
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

(03-08-2022, 11:58 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: ... or is this the beginning of the end? Huh

Probably not. It's a ton of improvements to be done and an unimaginable amount of ideas not born yet!  :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(03-08-2022, 12:08 PM)Jostein Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 11:58 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: ... or is this the beginning of the end? Huh

Probably not. It's a ton of improvements to be done and an unimaginable amount of ideas not born yet!  :-)

Huh! Cool I really hope so. I can’t imagine life (in my studio) without the Mixbus 32C. A really important part of my job. Smile
Small recordingstudio in Finland countryside. Mixbus 10 Pro, AvLinux AVL-MXe 23.2, Rme UFX+, Rme 802, Adam A77X, Genelec 8020c, Genelec 7050b, Yamaha HS7

I DO NOT have any inside information but I think v8 is soon to arrive. It's about the right time.
I could be wrong, but ...    just a guess.
Win10 64 i5 3330 Quad Core, AVL/MXE i5, MB 3-9, MB32C 3-9, Tascam US 20x20(2), Tascam 388, Alesis HD24, Alesis ML 9600(2), A&H GL2400, Soundcraft Studio Spirit 24, Roland Integra7, Roland S-50, M-Audio Hammer 88, ART/ MPA Gold/ TPSII/Pro Channel(2)/Pro VLA(3), lots of tubes
(03-08-2022, 04:02 PM)Theotherguy Wrote: I DO NOT have any inside information but I think v8 is soon to arrive. It's about the right time.

Is it me or It Doesn't Sound The Same?? I tested today and first,metering on Drive is barely moving on some strong signal (Kick drum around -4dbfs for example) and the sound of it is so smoother in Mixbus 32C. Tell me i m wrong because i wish so much that i could finaly use this in any DAW. Love Mixbus 32C for the sound but it's a hustle for serious work. Hope this change in the near future...
(03-08-2022, 11:58 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: Apparently, almost all the goodies of the Mixbus 32c are now available in all DAW environments. Is Mixbus DAW still under development, or is this the beginning of the end? Huh
Far from it... there are some really big developments in the pipeline. The release of AVA and 32C series plugins has if anything brought more people into contact with Harrison and the Mixbus project.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-08-2022, 04:43 PM)milanradjen Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 04:02 PM)Theotherguy Wrote: I DO NOT have any inside information but I think v8 is soon to arrive. It's about the right time.

Is it me or It Doesn't Sound The Same?? I tested today and first,metering on Drive is barely moving on some strong signal (Kick drum around -4dbfs for example) and the sound of it is so smoother in Mixbus 32C. Tell me i m wrong because i wish so much that i could finaly use this in any DAW. Love Mixbus 32C for the sound but it's a hustle for serious work. Hope this change in the near future...

Hi milanradjen welcome to the Mixbus forum.
Is it me...? perhaps you need to give it a bit more time and testing.
I have been using the 32C Bus for about a month and have had the chance to lineup duplicate mixes in Protools and Mixbus and IMHO it is as close as you can get.
I think Harrison are doing a few things in the background that add to the sound of Mixbus.
In exchange with the devs of this plugin I understand that the code had been ported directly from Mixbus to this version.
Also for those who notice the additions, due to user input in this forum the HF EQ has been made variable.
Macmini 8,1 | OS X 13.6.3 | 3 GHz i5 32G | Scarlett 18i20 | Mixbus 10 | PT_2024.3.1 .....  Macmini 9,1 | OS X 14.4.1 | M1 2020 | Mixbus 10 | Resolve 18.6.5
(03-08-2022, 05:08 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 04:43 PM)milanradjen Wrote: Is it me or It Doesn't Sound The Same?? I tested today and first,metering on Drive is barely moving on some strong signal (Kick drum around -4dbfs for example) and the sound of it is so smoother in Mixbus 32C. Tell me i m wrong because i wish so much that i could finaly use this in any DAW. Love Mixbus 32C for the sound but it's a hustle for serious work. Hope this change in the near future...

I have been using the 32C Bus for about a month and have had the chance to lineup duplicate mixes in Protools and Mixbus and IMHO it is as close as you can get.
I think Harrison are doing a few things in the background that add to the sound of Mixbus.
In exchange with the devs of this plugin I understand that the code had been ported directly from Mixbus to this version.
Also for those who notice the additions, due to user input in this forum the HF EQ has been made variable.

Now I understand that "something in the background" of Mixbus is contributing to the Sound,besides Channel and Buses! I hoped that at least Drive (Tape) would work the same but it doesn't. From metering to the overall sound it's diferent. Hope that metering changes in some future update because for now at least it's redundant. It's barely moving at all and the same signal routed in Mixbus it's hittin' the needle pretty strong and often guides me to wright gain stage and sound overall.
(03-08-2022, 11:58 AM)Sojuzstudio Wrote: Apparently, almost all the goodies of the Mixbus 32c are now available in all DAW environments. Is Mixbus DAW still under development, or is this the beginning of the end? Huh

Even though Mixbus has been around for 12 years there are many great things to come.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
(03-08-2022, 06:18 PM)milanradjen Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 05:08 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 04:43 PM)milanradjen Wrote: Is it me or It Doesn't Sound The Same?? I tested today and first,metering on Drive is barely moving on some strong signal (Kick drum around -4dbfs for example) and the sound of it is so smoother in Mixbus 32C. Tell me i m wrong because i wish so much that i could finaly use this in any DAW. Love Mixbus 32C for the sound but it's a hustle for serious work. Hope this change in the near future...

Now I understand that "something in the background" of Mixbus is contributing to the Sound,besides Channel and Buses! I hoped that at least Drive (Tape) would work the same but it doesn't. From metering to the overall sound it's diferent. Hope that metering changes in some future update because for now at least it's redundant. It's barely moving at all and the same signal routed in Mixbus it's hittin' the needle pretty strong and often guides me to wright gain stage and sound overall.

You can adjust the input trim to hit the needle harder.  
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio