Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C Bus plugin
(03-11-2022, 04:57 PM)Dingo Wrote:
(03-11-2022, 11:02 AM)doncolga Wrote: Hey everybody!  I haven't been here in a long time.  I've got the 32C channel and just got the 32C bus last night.  I have to say I'm really happy to be able to use it in Studio One...really happy.  Someone mentioned the drive meter.  I can definitely hear the tape saturation applied, but the meter doesn't reflect what I'm hearing.  I hear it way before I see the meter respond.
Can you all confirm?

The developers are looking at this at the moment.
What I can say is that this is a meter display issue only.
The tape saturation section ( and others) are working EXACTLY as they do in MB.

I figured that this is the case. Hope that they adress this ASAP. The Sound is there... Wink
(03-11-2022, 08:03 AM)milanradjen Wrote: Just did the Audio test. Same Kick drum Bounced in Mixbus and in Logic with different settings on the Drive knob. Def state of drive knob on Bus is -10 and on Master is -20,so i did the same in Logic by sending the signal to a Bus and put the 32Bus plugin on a Master track with -20 as it is in Mixbus. Then i bounced 4 files in both DAWs (Def state,-6,-2 and 0) on the Drive knob because it's different stage of saturation and i wanted to see how it behaves in both cases. Turns out that the sound is pretty much the same in this examples. So my conclusion on this subject is that they did a good job with transfering the Sound of the plugin but the Metering is a failure. If that would be adressed in the next update,then we have a preety close replication of MB in other DAW environements. 'Till then...

I did something similar and confirm this. (Reaper and Mixbus32C)
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(03-11-2022, 11:02 AM)doncolga Wrote: Hey everybody!  I haven't been here in a long time.  I've got the 32C channel and just got the 32C bus last night.  I have to say I'm really happy to be able to use it in Studio One...really happy.  Someone mentioned the drive meter.  I can definitely hear the tape saturation applied, but the meter doesn't reflect what I'm hearing.  I hear it way before I see the meter respond.
Can you all confirm?

Hi Donny, good to see you here. Yep I found the same thing.
MMM
Linux throughout!
Main PC: XEON, 64GB DDR4, 1x SATA SSD, 1x NVME, MOTU UltraLite AVB

Mixbus 32C, Hydrogen, Jack... and Behringer synths
(03-11-2022, 08:29 PM)madmaxmiller Wrote:
Can you all confirm?

Hi Donny, good to see you here. Yep I found the same thing.
MMM

Hey Max!  Thanks my friend and it's great to be here.  I got 32C channel I think back in the Fall and when I saw the 32C Bus recently, I couldn't help myself.  Just got it last night actually.  Oddly, I've barely done any mixing or any production type stuff in about six months...lots of things going on.  I hope to get back into the saddle a bit more here pretty soon.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
Any news on potencial update with solution of metering? Ben? Smile
(03-14-2022, 04:36 PM)milanradjen Wrote: Any news on potencial update with solution of metering? Ben? Smile

Relax mate, you seem like a very nervous guy.  Smile It's just a plugin enjoy using it, the developers will fix the metering no worries.  Cool
(03-16-2022, 07:23 AM)mettabrakerlord Wrote:
(03-14-2022, 04:36 PM)milanradjen Wrote: Any news on potencial update with solution of metering? Ben? Smile

Relax mate, you seem like a very nervous guy.  Smile It's just a plugin enjoy using it, the developers will fix the metering no worries.  Cool

Nervous,because i asked about update?!?  Huh My workflow and the way i m using Busses in Mixbus is strongly tide to metering and Drive section. This is pretty much at least 50% of the sound that i get from it. Rest is shaping here and there with Strip channel and few plugins. So in this current state the Bus plugin,for me is unusable and i stoped few mixing sessions when plugin came out because i want to implement it in my DAW. Alternative is to bounce all sessions/tracks in to Mixbus and use it the way i use to,BUT with plugin im my Daw it's waaaay more flexible because of the potencial changes that clients ask till the end. Sometimes i need to ad some midi or audio recording in phase of mixing if it's necesery and we all know that midi in Mixbus is at fetus phase and that complicates this tasks a lot. I LOVE the Sound of Mixbus,but so many times wanted to use it somehow inside my DAW and this is HUGE for me with BUS plugin and a big dissapointement because i can't use it right now the way i use it. Apologise for longer answer but i hope i m clearer now. p.s. no need for psychological assessement mettabrakelord. Wink
Hey mate sorry for causing anger, I did't expect you to be so offended.   Wink Heart  You really seemed very nervous in all your posts, I just wanted to comfort you, it's only a plugin mate. Smile

The plugin works well so you can still use it without major problems. The meter on the left doesn't have any scale on it so it's an arbitrary measure of how much saturation you get from driving the plugin. Just as an average driver can safely work his way around a broken rev counter you should still use your ears for mixing.  Wink 
It's probably due to lack of experience, but the real analog gear never had saturation meters like this, it is just an estimate that some will call a gimmick so really no need to be upset about it.  Smile

I suggest investigating more on gain staging and the basics of signal path in mixing as this is usually the stumbling stone for every beginner. Also you can use a third party VU meter for a somewhat more precise metering if you really need to use your eyes more than your ears, although VU meters were never about precision.
Or simply ask for a refund if you have trouble using the plugin, then purchase it again when your knowledge grows.

Cheers
(03-16-2022, 12:50 PM)mettabrakerlord Wrote: Hey mate sorry for causing anger, I did't expect you to be so offended.   Wink Heart  You really seemed very nervous in all your posts, I just wanted to comfort you, it's only a plugin mate. Smile

The plugin works well so you can still use it without major problems. The meter on the left doesn't have any scale on it so it's an arbitrary measure of how much saturation you get from driving the plugin. Just as an average driver can safely work his way around a broken rev counter you should still use your ears for mixing.  Wink 
It's probably due to lack of experience, but the real analog gear never had saturation meters like this, it is just an estimate that some will call a gimmick so really no need to be upset about it.  Smile

I suggest investigating more on gain staging and the basics of signal path in mixing as this is usually the stumbling stone for every beginner. Also you can use a third party VU meter for a somewhat more precise metering if you really need to use your eyes more than your ears, although VU meters were never about precision.
Or simply ask for a refund if you have trouble using the plugin, then purchase it again when your knowledge grows.

Cheers
I guess that you judged my expirience based on my status here?! (junior member)  Wink So i want react on your sarcasm eather.  Dodgy You'r right about arbitrary metering and not real scale or anything (i saw a few analog scales in my life) but My Way of looking and listening That Meter and saturation is a way i m use to when using this Mixbus product. I m not saying that i couldn't use it as it is but my point is that it's not translated exactly like it is in Mixbus and if i m the only one in the world that uses this processor in this way i will shut up now and wait for fihished product if it ever comes. And ye...dont want refund either... Cheers "mate".
Oh, no sarcasm. Smile  I judge your experience based on what you wrote, such a fixation on an unimportant little thing can only come from a beginner with a strong Dunning-Kruger.  Smile

You are right, this arbitrary scale doesn't behave the same as in Mixbus and that's the reason why I am here, but as it's an arbitrary scale it doesn't mean that it's properly 'calibrated' in Mixbus, it's just different now so get used to it. That's why I told you to relax and let it go, it is a minor thing that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the plugin if you like it mate, no need to be so angry and defensive about it.  Smile

Cheers