Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
32C Bus plugin
I think it's nice that you care enough to keep writing Smile

We are in the process of changing this.

I'll reiterate that (as I understand it) this was a creative choice on the new developer's part, not a 'bug'. But I'm happy to see it match mixbus, myself.

-Ben
(06-23-2022, 11:04 AM)Ben@Harrison Wrote: I think it's nice that you care enough to keep writing  Smile

We are in the process of changing this.

I'll reiterate that (as I understand it) this was a creative choice on the new developer's part, not a 'bug'.  But I'm happy to see it match mixbus, myself.

-Ben

I care preety much,cause my whole "sound" is based on Mixbus,last 5.6 years. Someday,when MIxbus is fully charged i'll be glad to switch 24/7 but till then...
Matching MIxbus tape Metering is crucial imho,because wright now it doesn't show anything and i was relied on this function in MB32C and Mixbus.
Anyways,i appreciate your feedback Ben and hope to see some good news very soon. Best regards
Question 
Are the “amount of distortion” meter inconsistencies fixed in this bus plugin?
Or is there an explanation regarding what and how and why this meter behaves/shows differently in the plugin compared to Mixbus 32C?
Hi Atilla,

You can write our support at plugins@harrisonconsoles.com to get a link to an installer that changes the meter scaling.

However, it is not yet clear how we are going to handle this for the future. Many people who were not using Mixbus are now comfortable with the plugin's meter ballistics.

Justin develops these AVA plugins and (of course) us older guys mentor him and test the plugins to make sure they meet our expectations, but on the other hand we must provide him some latitude to make decisions and re-think things in a new light. In 99.9% of cases this fresh pair of eyes results in a better product, but nobody is perfect. Unfortunately none of our internal or external beta testers noticed this issue before the release (or if they did, they didn't make a convincing-enough case that it was important)

-Ben
Hi Ben,

Thank you for your reply.

You wrote that "it is not yet clear how we are going to handle this for the future" and why don't you just add a small switch to choose between the new and the classic metering modes?

Anyways, what is the main difference between the two behavior?
What is the idea behind Justin's alternative meter behavior?
(10-04-2022, 10:37 AM)Attila S. Wrote: Hi Ben,

You wrote that "it is not yet clear how we are going to handle this for the future" and why don't you just add a small switch to choose between the new and the classic metering modes?

+ in the light of a guiding explanation maybe we would like to have that innovation even in Mixbus 32C Smile
(10-05-2022, 10:11 AM)Attila S. Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 10:37 AM)Attila S. Wrote: Hi Ben,

+ in the light of a guiding explanation maybe we would like to have that innovation even in Mixbus 32C Smile

Some have pointed out that the drive section didn't respond the same according to the input level when compared to the DAW. This is what has been updated and "fixed".
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio