Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the interface of your choice
(03-11-2022, 07:39 PM)DanteMurphy Wrote: Universal Audio Apollo x6.  UAD2 plugins and unison with Harrison 32C is a killer combo.

Thanks Dante Murphy! I have no desire to buy universal audio even if I get it cheap. UA in general is endless money pit.  I have the satellite and I will be selling it soon. I get much better result without Universal audio plugin. I don’t like limitation. That is the only reason I returned the symphony. The bigger the sample rate the more cpu it uses and all of a sudden DSP overload. Unless universal audio allows me to run their plugin natively in 2022, I will sell the satellite and will never look back. I really wanna thank you for the suggestion though. I love UA plug-in but I can’t stand the limitation. The apple M1 fan doesn’t make a noise and I can mix track without worry.
Using Dante Virtual Soundcard. Have it set for 32 in/out, but it will do 64. Virtually no latency.
(03-11-2022, 06:55 PM)Studio Saturn Wrote: Motu 828es vs 8pre es  Is there a difference build quality between those? FYI, In the ear future,  I will be adding Harrison pre amp. Keep that in mind also. Thanks in advance

The Motu 828ES has AVB/TSN aka low latency audio over Ethernet , the Pre is just a preamp

I'd go for the ES

Built quality is the same. Excellent..
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1 
I currently have a Presonus Studiolive 24, Focusrite 18i8 and RME UFX and at work I have the Apollo Twin. The Presonus is great for tracking bands since you have access to so many faders and built in processing. The Totalmix software of the RME is amazing and the processing provides simple tools.

I tried the MOTU last year and quickly returned it. Just couldn't get it figured out.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
I still have my old trusted M-Audio Delta 1010 for my main computer. It sounded great 20 years ago and of course, it sound great today - no reason to switch as long as it works.

But I will probably have to get another one this year when I buy me a new computer, a good motherboard with a PCI port is not easy to get anymore. So my interface of choice is still the Delta 1010. But if you are aware of a good new modern non USB 2 card that runs on Linux with approx 8 analogue I/O, you are more than welcome to give me a tip!  :-)
Mixbus/Mixbus32C on Linux (Kubuntu)/KXStudio repositories.
GUI: KDE and Fluxbox
(03-11-2022, 06:55 PM)Studio Saturn Wrote: Motu 828es vs 8pre es  Is there a difference build quality between those? FYI, In the ear future,  I will be adding Harrison pre amp. Keep that in mind also. Thanks in advance

Oh yeah I have the Arturia 8pre that I run with my RME.  Some Harrison preamp options would be awesome to add to the arsenal.
The Doctor
Getting Surgical with Audio
Thanks everyone. I ordered the Motu 828es.
I use a Behringer XR18 right now. For years I used an RME Multiface 2 on PCIe V1...I think.
Windows 10 64, HP Z-220 Workstation, I7 3770 16 GB RAM, RME Multiface 2, PCIe
Mac OS Sierra, 2012 Mac Mini, i5 16 GB RAM, Behringer XR18
Mixbus 32C 6.2.26
Harrison MixBus V5.2
Presonus Studio One 5
Statesboro, GA, USA
(03-13-2022, 04:29 AM)Studio Saturn Wrote: Thanks everyone. I ordered the Motu 828es.

Congratulations !!

Note with the AVB / TSN capabilities, when you need to expand, and add an extra AVB device, the I/O of the second device becomes local to the first. or local to any other AVB device and connected computer.  They get networked in to one  remote controlled device.

The integrated DSP makes them wonderful for monitoring for instance: a 48 input channel mixer with 8 stereo outputs.
On small gigs my synth bag can become the FOH mixer, monitor mixer : remote controlled.

Tape X on Mixbus makes the setup a recording dream: I see all 32/64 inputs on the rec screen.  any input on the network. 

Cat 5 cabling makes it cheap!!
Frank W. Kooistra

- MMB32C 9.1, AD/DA: Motu:1248, 8A, 8D, Monitor8. X-Touch,, Mini M1 11.6.2, venture 13.3 plugins melda fabfilter harrison No Harrison CP-1